Hi, I have searched for any app that will do a timed mute basically with no real success. Basically I am looking for an app that I can tell it at midnight every day mute all phone sound, and at 8am, re-enable it.

Does anyone know if this exists? I don't want to shut down the phone as I have it using bluetooth to my cordless phones in case of emergency. I just want to automate muting the phone before I go to bed every night.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    03-25-11 04:50 PM
    Hi, I have searched for any app that will do a timed mute basically with no real success. Basically I am looking for an app that I can tell it at midnight every day mute all phone sound, and at 8am, re-enable it.

Does anyone know if this exists? I don't want to shut down the phone as I have it using bluetooth to my cordless phones in case of emergency. I just want to automate muting the phone before I go to bed every night.

No need for an app.
    Use bedside mode. Go to clock, options and set it up. You can use any sound profile you desire. Set it manually from the clock or set it up automaticlly when charging during the time you specify. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 05:43 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have used bedside mode before, but that still requires you to select it, which would be like having to select mute or silent. I want to avoid the step of having to do anything for it to enter bedside or mute manually by having an app running that will do this without any intervention at all from me.
    03-25-11 05:50 PM
    Use Auto On/Off. It is in Options and you can shut the phone off at a given time and wake it up at a given time. There are different settings for weekday and weekend.

I have used it for years.
    03-25-11 05:58 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I have used bedside mode before, but that still requires you to select it, which would be like having to select mute or silent. I want to avoid the step of having to do anything for it to enter bedside or mute manually by having an app running that will do this without any intervention at all from me.
    If you charge your phone at night, it does do it automatically if you set it to enter bedside mode when charging and restrict to certain hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 05:58 PM
    toysoft makes some good stuff. you might want to check this out

http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/toy...rofiler-65473/
    03-25-11 06:05 PM

ShortcutMe can do that if you use its Scheduled Launching feature.

You can set it to automatically launch your ShortcutMe's Mute-Profile shortcut at 12:00 and then automatically launch your Normal-Profile mode shortcut at 8:00 AM.
    03-25-11 06:10 PM
    Shortcutme is an excellent way to do it.
    ProfilerX is also a good app, it's one of the ones by Toysoft that howarmat mentioned. Don't get ProfilerPro or any of the other Toysoft apps that do profile management, they're outdated.
    03-25-11 10:15 PM
    I have my phone set to go into bedside mode when I plug it into charge. And under the Bedside Mode Options I have the sound settings to Silent. So basically when I charge it the profile is in Silent mode, when I take it out of the charger it goes back to Normal profiles.

Simply go into your clock>menu>options. From there change the setting to Bedside Mode When Charging. Then scroll down and there will be settings for Bedside Mode. You can change the Sound Profile to Silent or Vibrate (or whatever you like). The best thing is no pushing buttons; the profile will change automatically as you charge/discharge
    03-26-11 04:05 PM
    I have two profiles I use.

Work and Sleep

Work is what I use all the time when not in dock.

Sleep turns off sounds and LED at night, besides custom alerts setup for certain things I need over night when on call.
    03-26-11 04:08 PM
    RingScheduler also allows you to set up times or days of week to change the various Ring/Vibrate/Loudness options. I've used it for a few years now. I used to particularly to set to vibrate when I presided over public hearings and did not want my phone making any sounds. I was able to set days of week and times of day.
    03-27-11 11:10 AM
    +1 for RingScheduler.
    I've used it for over a year and I set a schedule for it to set my profiles to silent and then back to normal, and I can set individual exceptions for it to ring when the phone is set to silent.
    03-27-11 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD