Since its gone after all the later beta builds, would really like this back. Hopefully this isn't to hard to do.
    02-26-09 03:03 AM
    QuickLaunch does have it, and a little work around for it is to set the phone to default on the history.
    02-26-09 03:06 AM
    QuickLaunch does have it, and a little work around for it is to set the phone to default on the history.
    you sure quicklaunch has it? i have QL and i dont think i can do it.

edit: i just checked again, i dont think QL has this.
    02-26-09 03:08 AM
    you sure quicklaunch has it? i have QL and i dont think i can do it.

edit: i just checked again, i dont think QL has this.
    ok......I was wrong.

I was thinking delete call log + event log.
    02-26-09 03:10 AM
    wait newer OS builds get rid of the call log? i have .75 still haha
    02-26-09 03:11 AM
    I know there are workarounds, but then I lose a shortcut button, and I like my phone button to just open the dial pad.
    02-26-09 03:15 AM
    there is no fix, the workaround is weak becuase you have to have the phone mode open to call log, which i dont want (and most people dont)

god knows what rim was thinking when they removed the call log. i am even more surprisesd its not back in .109.
    02-26-09 03:31 AM
    QuickLaunch does not have it, it is a call log delete function it should be an easy add though.....
    02-26-09 06:19 AM
    I know there are workarounds, but then I lose a shortcut button, and I like my phone button to just open the dial pad.
    Really?

I only use the dial pad a couple of times a month (at most)

I use the call log 20 times a day.
    02-26-09 07:00 PM
    i am inquiring with rim if its possible to write an app to pull up the call log, i will let you know what they say.
    02-26-09 07:03 PM
    Well, had downgraded because I missed the call log button greatly. After all the good reports of the hybrid .114 decided to give that a shot. Works great, but now I'm back to square one with the call log button now a phone button. Any new news on making a launcher or app to get this feature back?
    03-19-09 01:34 PM
    Press Green Phone Button

Press BB Button

Press Options

>>> General Options

>>Change initial view to Call Log

So everytime you press the green phone button it automatically brings up the call log menu. Problem Solved.
    03-19-09 02:23 PM
    Press Green Phone Button

Press BB Button

Press Options

>>> General Options

>>Change initial view to Call Log

So everytime you press the green phone button it automatically brings up the call log menu. Problem Solved.
    No, then I lose opening up the phone dial pad, when I want to make a call. All day I recieve calls and dial calls, so this is a big deal for me.
    03-19-09 02:47 PM
    No, then I lose opening up the phone dial pad, when I want to make a call. All day I recieve calls and dial calls, so this is a big deal for me.
    Lol. Once you push the green button for your call log, call you have to do is push the dial pad button right next to it on the left.
    03-19-09 03:16 PM
    Lol. Once you push the green button for your call log, call you have to do is push the dial pad button right next to it on the left.
    You don't get it, your telling me something I already know. I and others don't want to do this. We had the option before of having a call log button, and it allowed me to be way more efficient with making and receiving numerous phone calls. Please understand, its like having your two button mice becoming one button, and now you got to do two steps when before all you had to do was one, and when you have a hundred steps, this becomes two hundred.
    Last edited by Jascias; 03-19-09 at 05:14 PM.
    03-19-09 04:55 PM
    i feel your pain!!! i have been missing it a lot too....y the efff would they remove the call log button to begin with..
    03-24-09 01:42 AM
    unforunately i wasnt able to find a simple way to load the call log in an app. its possible to read the call log, but then i would need to make a replacement call log, which is not what we all want.

i am so mad rim hasnt put this back.
    03-24-09 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD