I often find myself bored at work a few minutes between flights and no interest in delving deep into a game of word mole or brick breaker and though I find the lightsaber apps exceedingly fun to bother fellow instructors with, they are also rather loud. Therefore I often browse Wikipedia's list of events and whatnot that occurred this day in history mostly out of curiosity (and partly out of my not-so-distant college years of using it to find an excuse to party on that day. Happy Independence of Turkmenistan Day!).

My request, I guess, would be a program rather than a launcher, that would pull the information from wikipedia and put it at my lazy, sick of waiting for the damn browser to catch up, liking that one click no typing fingertips. Yes, yes, I know of wikipedia's mobile site and while it defeats the purpose of having a full HTML browser I find the small list of content per page rather tiresome.

I guess in my head I'm thinking of something with a Viigo-like or Poynt-like style (possibly with flick scrolling..eh? eh??) splitting up the events/births/deaths/etc into subcategories possibly being able to tap-launch the links wikipedia provides on said days. Maybe even be able to input a date (for example a friends birthday) and pull that up. I'm not sure if wikipedia's database lends itself to this kind usage - to be able to pull and organize that kind of information without yanking the table of contents as well.

Okay, at this point I'm going to stop spilling my guts on this idea before I try to add even more features when I'm supposed to leave that up to the designer. Hey, while you're there could you throw in an AutoCAD program as....damnit! Sorry.

Yes I'd be willing to pay for this (that's how bored I get sometimes).

Or if there's a way to just put it all into outlook and sync it up, but ye-gods the amount of wasted memory. Thanks.

-Christopher.
    02-25-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD