I have some voice mail messages I would like to save. Does a voice mail to mp3 app already exist? I'm tired of having to re-save messages every few days.
    04-04-09 08:48 PM
    Doesn't Youmail do this for you?
    04-04-09 09:58 PM
    this is an option with youmail. you can even have the mp3 files emailed to your email address if you want. and there is an awesome client called vymail for the storm that makes it work like visual voicemail, and it's all free
    04-04-09 10:01 PM
    Yea, I posted this over on another thread:
    To get YouMail, go to YouMails Homepage, sign up and configure everything. Then head over to the VyMail homepage to download the Vymail app(100% free). Vymail is not made by Youmail, but gets your YouMail voicemails and displays the caller id of people who have left you voicemail messages. You can pay for YouMails Voice to Text for about 3$ per month, but you don't have to. Some features of YouMail include:

-Personal Greetings for each caller (free)
    Easily have different greetings for your sweetie, your friends, your co-workers and your boss.
    Choose from a library of free greetings or upload any sound file as a greeting.
    Even use greetings as messages for callers who don't pick up their voicemail

-Voicemail Sharing (free)
    Save time by just forwarding voicemails along - no need to take notes and then call or e-mail.
    It's effortless to instant message a voicemail to your family or friends.
    You can even post someone's drunken late night call to your MySpace or Facebook page.

-Block Unwanted Callers a.k.a Ditchmail (free)
    Automatically hang up on unwanted callers before they can leave voicemail.
    Simple to set up with just one click!
    Easily let a pesky ex or telemarketer think your number is no longer in service.

-Online Database Of Community Greetings (free)
    Choose from over a thousand greetings that'll make your callers laugh or smile.
    Or appear more professional by using our studio recorded greetings.
    Even choose greetings recorded in different languages.

-Voicemail sent to Email (free)
    Get all your e-mail and voicemail together in one place.
    Treat your voicemail just like email - easy to forward, easy to save.
    Get voicemails even when you don't have reception on your phone.

-Voice-2-Text Transcriptions(Messages per month plans start at $3.99)
    Know if a message truly is urgent in situations when you can't simply dial or answer your phone.
    Read and respond to voicemail messages while in a meeting, class, movie or other busy settings.
    04-05-09 01:12 AM
    Waaaay easier than all this jazz guys. The storm has a 1/8 headphone jack. Just run a 1/8 to 1/8 cable to your laptop and record them while they play.
    04-05-09 09:26 AM
    Waaaay easier than all this jazz guys. The storm has a 1/8 headphone jack. Just run a 1/8 to 1/8 cable to your laptop and record them while they play.
    But what if he/she doesn't have a laptop to follow your instructions?

That's not rocket science by any means, but downloading an already existing MP3 from Youmail still seems easier to me. Not to mention you get better functionality by using Youmail, even if you don't care about the downloadable file.
    04-05-09 09:45 AM
    Its easier if you don't have to connect any wires or convert anything. Just get the mp3 from Youmail and save it. That's it.
    04-05-09 10:15 AM
    Does it do this automatically with visual voicemail? I keep going into my media files and finding songs marked "247" and similar numbers which appear to be old voicemails.

Weirdness.
    04-05-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD