uTorrent has a nice feature that allows you to add torrents, start/stop/pause, and remove torrents on your computer at home from any other computer remotely. It called web manager or something. Ive tried this with my Storm but it never seems to work. I would love to see an app written for the Storm that would allow the same functions. Thanks to all the devs!
    04-15-09 11:04 AM
    That would be a nice app. +1000000

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 11:06 AM
    Very nice!!
    04-15-09 11:20 AM
    iPhone could do it, why cant us Storm Users.

What about Mirc? Or any irc app that works with the Storm.

04-15-09 11:33 AM
    here is what i did to make it work...

1) open utorrent on your PC and under options->preferences->web UI - check the box next to Enable web UI. this will automatically download and install the webui files you need in step 5.
    2) now click on the option for connections and write down the port number used for incoming connections. (used in step 10).
    3) now go here and download the miniUI .zip file. (used in step 6)
    4) Now find the directory in which the uTorrent settings.dat file is located by clicking Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent on the PC running utorrent. you should see the webui.zip file in that directory.
    5) open the webui.zip file and create a folder named mini.
    6) now take the three files from the miniUI .zip file you downloaded in step 3 and put them into the folder you created. of the three files, two of them are .zip files. put the unziped files in the folder...not the .zip files. so the mini folder should have the following three files...Index.html, miniui.js, and style.css.
    7) Now go here and write down your ip address.
    8) now close all folders and make sure utorrent is running on your pc and get your storm
    9) open the web browser and click options->browser configuration-> and check the box for Support JavaScript. save your changes.
    10) now go to the following web page http://"your IP":"port"/gui/mini/index.html you will need to put the IP address you wrote down in step 7 as "your IP" and the "port" is the "port number you wrote down in step 2.

if you are asked for a user name and password, this is whatever you set it to be while in step 1 above.

Enjoy!
    04-15-09 11:57 AM
    If this works when I get home you dah man!
    04-15-09 02:18 PM
    What all can you do with this is this to download stuff from torrent sights?

04-15-09 03:07 PM
    Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuu
    Last edited by CaptainSteve; 04-18-09 at 10:14 AM.
    04-16-09 09:19 AM
    I don't know what it is with you people and these applications.

Its not your freaking laptop, its a BLACKBERRY. Its not going to do your homework, make your toast, or download your illegal music. Do you realize that the memory on the Blackberry Storm is FLASH memory? There is 'technically' no CPU, RAM or anything to support it? Same reason you can't put Windows XP or Mac OS on it- its not a computer!

Be realistic. If you want something Torrent related, there could possibly be an application that exports the files to your computer INTO a torrent file for upload. But nothing that is going to download it. Seriously. Just get a laptop. -.-
    ummm...thanks for your rant...but this is actually a way to manage torrents running on your home pc FROM your blackberry...not ON the blackberry.
    04-16-09 10:35 AM
    I don't know what it is with you people and these applications.

Its not your freaking laptop, its a BLACKBERRY. Its not going to do your homework, make your toast, or download your illegal music. Do you realize that the memory on the Blackberry Storm is FLASH memory? There is 'technically' no CPU, RAM or anything to support it? Same reason you can't put Windows XP or Mac OS on it- its not a computer!

Be realistic. If you want something Torrent related, there could possibly be an application that exports the files to your computer INTO a torrent file for upload. But nothing that is going to download it. Seriously. Just get a laptop. -.-
    haha IMO you should read the whole thread before you start ranting on it...

anyways thanks for the info will try when I get home
    04-16-09 11:39 AM
    LoL thanks CaptainSteve. Your reading skills are top notch and your post count of 11 is awe inspiring. I didnt know I couldn't install Windows XP on my Storm. I was about to try it when your post enlightened me.

Soo tried this using the BB browser and get a gateway error but using Bolt it works just fine. Thanks for the info Stanfna!
    Last edited by mordendrak; 04-17-09 at 07:11 PM.
    04-17-09 07:08 PM
    lol poor captainsteve
    04-17-09 07:19 PM
    CaptainSteve = Epic Fail...

But if my Blackberry could make toast, oh that would be so cool.
    04-17-09 09:17 PM
    04-17-09 10:20 PM
    Has anyone got this to work yet? I'm able to upload stuff to my torrent client, but unable to see my current torrent list. It just keeps saying loading. Any tips?

04-18-09 03:38 AM
    CaptainSteve = Epic Fail...

But if my Blackberry could make toast, oh that would be so cool.

There's an app for that...
    04-18-09 12:43 PM
    There's an app for that...
    you mean an app for epic failures?
    04-18-09 01:02 PM
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Be nice children, its CaptainSteve's time of month..
    04-18-09 03:25 PM
    I had to use Bolt to access the miniui. I have not tried to add torrents using my Storm since I was only interested in the start/stop functionalty. Ill try it out and report back.
    04-19-09 11:00 AM
    Hello everybody. I've found this app, and it works great on my Storm:
    hxxp://apps.junkship.org/view/IgzS-d5u-kGlW2Z2K8KcSg.aspx

P.S. Sorry, I'm still not able to post links since I don't have 10 posts)
    04-19-09 12:19 PM
    iPhone could do it, why cant us Storm Users.

What about Mirc? Or any irc app that works with the Storm.

I have the curve so no experience with the Storm, but have you tried jmIRC?
    04-30-09 12:34 PM
    here is what i did to make it work...

1) open utorrent on your PC and under options->preferences->web UI - check the box next to Enable web UI. this will automatically download and install the webui files you need in step 5.
    2) now click on the option for connections and write down the port number used for incoming connections. (used in step 10).
    3) now go here and download the miniUI .zip file. (used in step 6)
    4) Now find the directory in which the uTorrent settings.dat file is located by clicking Start > Run > %appdata%\uTorrent on the PC running utorrent. you should see the webui.zip file in that directory.
    5) open the webui.zip file and create a folder named mini.
    6) now take the three files from the miniUI .zip file you downloaded in step 3 and put them into the folder you created. of the three files, two of them are .zip files. put the unziped files in the folder...not the .zip files. so the mini folder should have the following three files...Index.html, miniui.js, and style.css.
    7) Now go here and write down your ip address.
    8) now close all folders and make sure utorrent is running on your pc and get your storm
    9) open the web browser and click options->browser configuration-> and check the box for Support JavaScript. save your changes.
    10) now go to the following web page http://"your IP":"port"/gui/mini/index.html you will need to put the IP address you wrote down in step 7 as "your IP" and the "port" is the "port number you wrote down in step 2.

if you are asked for a user name and password, this is whatever you set it to be while in step 1 above.

Enjoy!
    can anyone confirm this...ima try when I get home but this sounds pretty sweet if it works
    04-30-09 05:33 PM
    i get that i cant view the page?
    04-30-09 06:34 PM
    I use rdm+ to access torrent. Works like a champ.

04-30-09 06:36 PM
    I use rdm+ to access torrent. Works like a champ.

Not even remotely close to the same idea.
    04-30-09 06:37 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD