A buddy of mine has fallen on some hard times and cant pay his cable/internet bill. We have to dl company files using a torrent client. I have one for my iPod Touch, and one for my HTC Diamond, so i am really hoping that there is one for the Blackberry Storm as well. I searched and all i found were programs to control the torrent clients remotely from your Blackberry, but that does no good as he has no net at home. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by Negrit0; 06-18-09 at 10:53 AM.
    06-18-09 10:51 AM
    Most likely won't happen. Do a search in the correct forum (3rd party software) on "torrent".

There is a huge thread there about Torrents/BlackBerries and everything else under the sun.

What I dont get is:

1. if he is downloading "company" files via BitTorrent...then he must have been given a laptop/pc with VPN or have OR his internet access paid for by company...no???

2. i never ever heard of a company using BitTorrent to transfer files...hmmm

3. time to find the nearest internet cafe to do his "work"
    06-18-09 11:17 AM
    1. you can opt out for a small increase on your check, just like some companies do with company cars, but like i said his internet is bundled to his cable and it all got shut off. (we arent working near as many hours as we used to)

2. I said a torrent client, not BitTorrent. One of our programmers here wrote the gui for windows.

3. I searched the entire Blackberry Storm forum for 'torrent' and like i said i only found programs to remotely control torrent progs on your actual pc/laptop. Which are useless to me in this case.

Thanks for your quick response though.
    06-18-09 11:29 AM
    I wasnt aware that a Torrent and BitTorrent were different. Either way...no such thing for BB. Can't u just ftp through the phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 12:37 PM
    I wasnt aware that a Torrent and BitTorrent were different. Either way...no such thing for BB. Can't u just ftp through the phone?

Torrent is the file you download that tells the program what to do!

Bittorrent is the program you use to download, both are completely different but they complete each other
    06-18-09 12:55 PM
    Far as i know BitTorrent is just like uTorrent, which are both torrent clients. (read: the GUI/tracking part of downloading the torrents)

I will ask about the ftp though. didnt even think of that. (Blonde moment...)
    06-18-09 12:57 PM
    Torrent is the file you download to get your file. BITtorrent is a program, just like utorrent or Azure.

I'm also looking for a torrent app, bit will prolly wait till my other phone gets here so ill have WinMo/Android.

08-15-11 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD