Well go search for an answer
    In process actually.
    06-25-09 07:43 PM
    Have you seen my avatar... GEEZ!

Just kidding...

once again. I have explained why the size needs to be big enough to see while driving etc. SAFETY is the key.

Maybe you should have "read" it in stead of just posting after the first sentence.

if you are not an app developer, your input in invalid in this thread anyhow.
    I did read, i dont care about safety because the fact is you dont need to be checking the signal anyway, its not going to get better because you can see it! its going to be what its going to be. I never check mine ever. I either make the call or i dont, i cant change the direction im going because it drops out.
    06-25-09 07:51 PM
    Those people who use use beta hybrids in essence are "beta testing" certain features of the hybrid operating system. Sometimes this includes using different radio files, gps files, and/or even files from other blackberry platforms.

We watch all kinds of things that "normal" people don't look for. We are a different breed. We use search extensively, sometimes we are terse in our posting. When we post something, we are expecting others who actually know something about the topic to actually reply.

This testing is considered very important to me, just as much as my MCSE, and all the other things I wish to make important in my life.

I don't mind people asking questions like "what do you mean?" in regards to the original post, however I do take exception to the good ole boy search police network, as well as the rest who have no reason to post jumping in and polluting an otherwise honest and decent request.
    06-25-09 07:54 PM
    So are you an app developer?

I did read, i dont care about safety because the fact is you dont need to be checking the signal anyway, its not going to get better because you can see it! its going to be what its going to be. I never check mine ever. I either make the call or i dont, i cant change the direction im going because it drops out.
    06-25-09 07:55 PM
    So, after searching I am compelled to ask a 1 simple question. Why do you want an app that just shows you the current signal strength when it sounds like you would be better off asking for an app that keeps a log of the signal strength so that your face isn't glued to the screen all day? ...you are, after all, doing this for testing purposes.
    06-25-09 08:05 PM
    Very good question...

Now we're talking...

That kind of data would be very valuable, especially coupled with GPS data and radio version.

Possibly one could drop those results into a database and then you could get a quantitive result of how your current radio file was testing out, and you could conceivable discover which radio file actually was the best file for your device.

I don't particularly need all this in an original version, but it could possibly be added in subsequent versions.

So, after searching I am compelled to ask a 1 simple question. Why do you want an app that just shows you the current signal strength when it sounds like you would be better off asking for an app that keeps a log of the signal strength so that your face isn't glued to the screen all day? ...you are, after all, doing this for testing purposes.
    06-25-09 08:11 PM
    Those people who use use beta hybrids in essence are "beta testing" certain features of the hybrid operating system. Sometimes this includes using different radio files, gps files, and/or even files from other blackberry platforms.

We watch all kinds of things that "normal" people don't look for. We are a different breed. We use search extensively, sometimes we are terse in our posting. When we post something, we are expecting others who actually know something about the topic to actually reply.
    im not an app developer no.....

i have run many hybrid though and your point holds no merit. I am on the same hybrid you are right now and you know what, i loaded it and dont pay anttention to any more than i did with the straight 148.

I am not a "beta tester" i just want to use the phone to the best ability it can. So do most all other people that run hybrids! The only reason i switched was i want to use the transitions and 5.0 browser as it is faster than any of the 4.7 browsers IMO.

Just because you obsess over some things and think you are "testing" something doesnt mean we are. Our "testing" does mean or even register on RIMs map so it matters little to me. I do apprecitate the work our hybrids builders do but its not like i report back to lyrical and inform him or my results.
    06-25-09 08:12 PM
    That's what makes you Matt, and me Jim. The thing about this whole thread that amazes me, you say you're running the same as me and you say you really dont care.

Ok so you don't care. So why participate in this thread at all, after all, you don't care.

Obviously something struck a nerve enough for you and others to hit reply.

im not an app developer no.....

i have run many hybrid though and your point holds no merit. I am on the same hybrid you are right now and you know what, i loaded it and dont pay anttention to any more than i did with the straight 148.

I am not a "beta tester" i just want to use the phone to the best ability it can. So do most all other people that run hybrids! The only reason i switched was i want to use the transitions and 5.0 browser as it is faster than any of the 4.7 browsers IMO.

Just because you obsess over some things and think you are "testing" something doesnt mean we are. Our "testing" does mean or even register on RIMs map so it matters little to me. I do apprecitate the work our hybrids builders do but its not like i report back to lyrical and inform him or my results.
    06-25-09 08:21 PM
    i think the word "goombah" and then you went off on a little rant

Look we initially gave you a suggestion about how you can change the meter to numbers instead of bars. Then you state thats not what you are looking for and gave explanation, you should have stopped there instead of the name calling and telling us how your search didnt find any apps to do what you wanted. We tried to help and you just shrugged it off and said we were not serious when each one of us were quite serious with the suggestion.

I have said all i will in this thread, i am sure an app maker can easily make what you want. But you shouldnt dismiss and call names to people who were actually trying to help you.
    06-25-09 08:40 PM
    OKOK, ive been reading this thread for quite sometime now, i think everyone should just calm down OR get this thread locked
    06-25-09 09:43 PM
    edit - Note to self - read the whole thread before replying.

for what it's worth, there are lots of apps people want I'd have no use for, but I think it's cool there's a place people can ask for them, and a surprising number of them get made. The requested app sounds sinple enough, maybe someone will throw something together.
    Last edited by Snarfler; 06-25-09 at 09:46 PM.
    06-25-09 09:43 PM
    Matt, GAFLY and others who had originally responded: Let me take one second to apologize. I am sorry I called people names. I also appreciate your willingness to help.

If any of you knew me, you'd know that I go all out or nothing. And I usually don't go in haphazardly.

Hopefully, everyone affected has learned something. I wont rant so quickly in the future, and you all can take a few more moments before you decide that I (or any other poster) didn't search. I understand most times, they didnt search.

So, sorry, once again, and thanks for listening.

Jim
    06-25-09 10:19 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD