Long time lurker here with really large thumbs.

Would one of you app programming gurus be willing to develop (or even know if it would be possible) to make the qwerty keyboard on the Storm "act" like the keyboard on the iPhone? Namely, when I press a key on my mother-in-law's iPhone, a little "pop-up", for lack of a better word, of the letter being pressed appears above the actual letter so you can actually see the letter that is being pressed. This would be so helpful for a giant thumbed person such as myself because the "blue aura" thing that surrounds the letter when it is being selected currently is also covered up by my big thumbs so is pretty useless.

Just thought I would inquire. Thanks for your time.
    05-05-09 12:28 PM
    This has been requested before and from what I can remember it's impossible.
    05-05-09 12:30 PM
    Such a shame, because I too have large thumbs. I wish this could be possible.
    05-05-09 12:41 PM
    Especially in the clock application when changing the time for an alarm or something
    05-05-09 01:13 PM
    I too agree this would be an awesome app for me and my large thimbs as well, but I guess I will just continue to deal with it.
    05-05-09 01:26 PM
    this has been discussed and even shown on some video at one time as something they were working on putting on a new os version..not sure a eta...but i know it is on the to do list...
    05-05-09 01:32 PM
    It must be possible (though perhaps not for a 3rd party app person) because they already do something similar now for the international versions of some letters which pop up.
    05-05-09 02:40 PM
    It must be possible (though perhaps not for a 3rd party app person) because they already do something similar now for the international versions of some letters which pop up.
    yes but rim made those letters like that. Its impossible for developers to change the keyboard or anything like that. Just like theme makers cant change they way the keyboard is. so unless rim changes it, or gives us access to it (which is close to impossible) then its a no go for now
    05-05-09 02:54 PM
    Some of the Iphone users want to have the Storm click sound effect, and some of you storm users want to have the Iphone keyboard....I do have big thumbs but i can manage my way around and use spell check. Just give up your storm and go get an iphone!
    The Storm idea of highlighting the letter is better than the pop up letter, i find the iphone keyboard annoying but then again that's just my opinion, and i am truly devoted to my Storm and love every single thing about it.
    Last edited by Bert336; 05-05-09 at 03:32 PM.
    05-05-09 03:29 PM
    Some of the Iphone users want to have the Storm click sound effect, and some of you storm users want to have the Iphone keyboard....I do have big thumbs but i can manage my way around and use spell check. Just give up your storm and go get an iphone!
    This makes no sense. An iPhone isn't available on Verizon anyway, but that is beside the point. If a person likes one feature of another device that makes him a traitor to the device he has? It isn't a sports team, it is a tool. ROTFL
    05-05-09 03:35 PM
    Especially in the clock application when changing the time for an alarm or something
    You can place your finger over what your changing and drag up to make the number increase and down to decrease, hope that makes sense. Essentially drag your finger over the number.

Same thing for any area where there is an up and down arrow. Like adding a time/date to the calendar.
    05-05-09 07:39 PM
    You know what they say about guys with big thumbs.......
    05-05-09 08:39 PM
    You know what they say about guys with big thumbs.......
    big mittens?
    05-27-09 04:40 PM
    big mittens?
    Hahahhaaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by catbertz; 05-27-09 at 07:42 PM.
    05-27-09 07:38 PM
    I want this app too!
    02-05-10 11:13 PM
    Install the newer OSs and you will get the popup keys
    02-06-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD