Hi, I know this is a long shot but I would be very interested in a way to tune my power commander from my phone. I'm not really sure if this would be possible but let me kind of break down what it is.

The power commander is a fuel map adjusting module for motorcycles. Generally it is tuned using a laptop and the power commander software. This is essentially a table of the different RPM's and throttle openings where you enter an integer value of how much you want to adjust the fuel map at that point. The computer connects to the power commander and you send the map that you created to it.

I was thinking it would be handy to be able to do this from a phone, by connecting it through the usb to the power commander. I really don't know if it is possible for the phone to communicate with another device through the usb but I think it would be very convenient if it were possible. I have contacted the makers of the power commander and they have said that there is interest in this, but they are too busy with other projects to do this anytime soon.

If any developers are interested in doing something like this and want to see more information or the power commander software it can all be found at powercommander.com. I really don't know if it would be worth your time because I would guess that it is a niche market; blackberry users with motorcycles with a power commander. I have asked around on a motorcycle forum I frequent and there does seem to be some interest in this application. I had also asked DynoJet if they might offer support to a third party developer and they did not respond, so this would probably be something that you would not get support on, unless you were able to talk them into it.
    09-25-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD