Mapmyrun.com is awesome for running/biking/swimming/etc.

They have an iphone app that records your distance and elevations along with being able to map out your route.

I was hoping someone could make one or get in touch with mapmyrun and see if they could create a storm app.

I know i'm training for Special Tactics for the Air Force and this app would majorly save me some time and effort in trying to figure out the distance's i'm swimming in open water or running when i chose to just run.

big props if someone could hook this up! I would glady drop 50$ for this app!
    04-26-09 10:46 AM
    Here you go.

Map my run is now available for balckbery it is beta but if you disable compatibility it works good. http://mapmyfitness.com/bb/download/index.php

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 06:22 PM
    that would be great but it wont even let me sign in therefor it doesn't work worth sh*t for the storm...can anyone fix this so it's a little more useful. Right now it doesn't do anything
    04-28-09 08:36 PM
    that would be great but it wont even let me sign in therefor it doesn't work worth sh*t for the storm...can anyone fix this so it's a little more useful. Right now it doesn't do anything
    What can't you sign into, the site or the app?

04-28-09 09:17 PM
    Same problem here. Registered as a new user, confirmed, able to login from my laptop. But when I go to the download website from my phone and try and log in, it won't let me. Tells me to check my login info....
    04-28-09 09:23 PM
    app i have downloaded it and it has the terms of service up when u first open it. Then i scroll over to the settings and have my gps settings and use of mileage instead of kilometers set but then under that (where i think the login/password area is) is just whited out like it is unable to load. That and the keyboard is open the whole time making it very small to see and it doesn't flip over into landscape
    04-28-09 09:24 PM
    I use Map and it seems pretty solid so far. I think that Mapmytrack and GPSed do the same thing but I haven't tried them. Has anyone tried them all and have an opinion on which is better?

04-28-09 09:38 PM
    how did u get it to let u log in? is ur keyboard always up and the app it's self super small sized due to the keyboard being up?
    04-28-09 09:40 PM
    app i have downloaded it and it has the terms of service up when u first open it. Then i scroll over to the settings and have my gps settings and use of mileage instead of kilometers set but then under that (where i think the login/password area is) is just whited out like it is unable to load. That and the keyboard is open the whole time making it very small to see and it doesn't flip over into landscape
    I saw this when I first opened the app. Disable compatibility mode and then rerun the app. It will now allow you to type in your username and password.

04-28-09 09:42 PM
    how do u disable compatability?????? i'm unsure how to do this
    04-28-09 09:45 PM
    What the ****... I can't even login to get to download the damn app, let alone get to a point where compatibility mode would be an issue....
    Same problem here. Registered as a new user, confirmed, able to login from my laptop. But when I go to the download website from my phone and try and log in, it won't let me. Tells me to check my login info....
    You can use the OTA link to download the app.

http://mapmyfitness.com/bb/download/.../iMapMyRun.jad

how do u disable compatability?????? i'm unsure how to do this
    From your home screen go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications. Now look for iMapMyRun and highlight (don't click) the name. Now press the bb key and click Disable Compatibility Mode.

04-28-09 09:47 PM
    well it let me put my stuff in but still is erroring out after that
    04-28-09 09:51 PM
    i'll continue to play with it
    04-28-09 09:51 PM
    well it let me put my stuff in but still is erroring out after that
    Make sure that you have your gps set to location on and not e911 or it will give you errors.

04-28-09 09:59 PM
    Thank you for the OTA. Now can't log in to the app as well. haha
    04-28-09 10:08 PM
    Thank you for the OTA. Now can't log in to the app as well. haha
    Disable compatibility mode like I described a couple posts before.

04-28-09 10:21 PM
    Haha. Already done. lol
    04-28-09 10:25 PM
    Haha. Already done. lol
    Are you sure that you confirmed your account because it seems like your account is running with limited privileges?

04-28-09 10:40 PM
    Yessir. Did do that. I'm able to get into the app, but can only move around it w/ very limited ability. Biggest trouble istrying to login.
    04-29-09 11:00 AM
    I need to try this ap. I already use their website to record rides (I use mapmy ride).

I have experimented recently with "instmapper" which very simply sends from my storm the coordinates of my location every X seconds and then places them on a map so that I can after my ride login to the website and observe my route, distance, speed, etc.

What does this ap do?
    04-29-09 01:29 PM
    Instamapper is awesome

04-29-09 02:16 PM
    I need to try this ap. I already use their website to record rides (I use mapmy ride).

I have experimented recently with "instmapper" which very simply sends from my storm the coordinates of my location every X seconds and then places them on a map so that I can after my ride login to the website and observe my route, distance, speed, etc.

What does this ap do?
    There is an iMapMyRide app also for the BB. The iMapMyRun app will allow you to track the distance that you run, the length of time, the current and past elevation of the route, speed at which you are running, etc. It will then relay this information to update your online account.

04-29-09 06:15 PM
    i still cannot get it to let me login it comes up with an exception error my account is verified and compatability disabled as well
    04-29-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD