I was hoping there was a developer out there that would be willing and able to use the API tools contained here at the Kiva.org developer's site to create an app for the Storm that would allow Kiva lenders to find new entrepreneurs, make new loans, track existing loans, add funds, etc. to their Kiva account. It would not only be a useful app for those already utilizing Kiva.org, but also a way to create more awareness of Kiva within the BB community.

For those that are unaware of what Kiva is, here is a brochure with the basics.
    05-14-09 10:18 PM
    i had never heard of them, but that seems like a pretty awesome idea and would be especially good to be able to do it solely from your bb if you so desired
    05-14-09 11:30 PM
    i had never heard of them, but that seems like a pretty awesome idea and would be especially good to be able to do it solely from your bb if you so desired

Exactly. My wife and I choose at least 1 entrepreneur per month to loan to, so tracking this and viewing potential loans while on the go would be a huge time saver.

From what I can tell (with my limited/non-existant programming knowledge) the framework for an app is already there. We just need someone to create an app that can pull data using the provided Ali's and display them. I think there is a lot of potential here if the right developer got involved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD