My boyfriend has the iphone and i have the storm, i love mine to death, wouldnt trade it for an iphone EVER. But, there is one feature that i liked on the iphone, the bubble messaging format. I think it looks cool. Is this even possile to get on a storm? could somebody do this for me?
    03-25-09 01:19 PM
    i really like that feature too. it would def be cool for bb messenger
    03-25-09 01:23 PM
    yeah i was talking about for texting but for bbm would be cool to.
    03-25-09 01:25 PM
    i would like this too as an X iphone owner it is pretty sweet
    03-25-09 01:27 PM
    It is a good app and a hot topic on these forums. It uses SMS threading. There are apps that do this already but not in that format. I agree though... i would purchase it in a second if it were available.

Unfortunately be prepared to be yelled at and ****ed with and hear tons of arguments against it just cus the iPhone has it.

I don't want AIM or BBM style Threading like most people on here. i want iPhone threading too.
    03-25-09 01:31 PM
    The bubbles on the iphone make the device look like a childrens toy imo.
    03-25-09 01:47 PM
    and the hating begins
    03-25-09 01:48 PM
    Hahahaha..
    03-25-09 01:51 PM
    haha didnt take long at all. Thats why it is called options. i like it u think its juvenile. i want my phone to do something and you dont. im over it. But when it comes down to it. If someone sees an interest and develops they get paid. They are happy im happy and u dont have to look at my phone I got the storm cause it was, imo, comparable but still higher end then Iphone and I want some of the same features...and developers want the $$$ from said apps.
    03-25-09 01:52 PM
    hiatus makes a good point... who says the people who don't want it need to download it... thats why its a 3rd party app. If you want it then get it if you don't then don't but personally i believe that there is enough people who would love this app..

Im about to start writing it, although i only know little Java and haven't developed anything for a phone yet only web and pc apps.

i feel like if someone else did it then it would be more likely to turn out better.
    03-25-09 01:56 PM
    hiatus makes a good point... who says the people who don't want it need to download it... thats why its a 3rd party app. If you want it then get it if you don't then don't but personally i believe that there is enough people who would love this app..

Im about to start writing it, although i only know little Java and haven't developed anything for a phone yet only web and pc apps.

i feel like if someone else did it then it would be more likely to turn out better.
    This is no bs either. I have a friend that lives in Cali. He started writing an app for iphone on his spare time. Well he released it and it was one of their top apps. He made over $200,000 in 1 month!! and his app was only $1.99/copy! I mean the market is out there is the time is spent. If it flops u may make a few bucks. if its a hit you could make a ton!

Just wish I knew how to program lol.
    03-25-09 01:59 PM
    That's why you need more bb messenger friends to use a cool messenger style. I do agree though that our sms text layout is cumbersome at best!
    03-25-09 02:02 PM
    The bubbles on the iphone make the device look like a childrens toy imo.
    Oh, Case Closed because ls1norcal says so.

• Nicely designed Apps with great "eye appeal" = Children's Toys
    • Great functioning Apps with Horrible "eye appeal" = A real man's device. Why would he want nice "eye appeal" anyway?
    03-25-09 02:03 PM
    The answer imho is to just incorporate mms and sms into bbmesenger. Use the same format it already uses, conversations with threaded messenging. Problem solved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 02:12 PM
    The answer imho is to just incorporate mms and sms into bbmesenger. Use the same format it already uses, conversations with threaded messenging. Problem solved.

I'd go for that. Maybe pretty it up just a bit and add a time/date stamp. That would be cool.
    03-25-09 02:20 PM
    Personally I find the pop up bubbles nice and would make typing on the Storm more efficient and would buy the app in a heartbeat.

03-25-09 02:29 PM
    I would love to have this app!......if u dont like it dont download it
    03-25-09 02:31 PM
    agreed it would be easier to read and follow

Personally I find the pop up bubbles nice and would make typing on the Storm more efficient and would buy the app in a heartbeat.

03-25-09 02:32 PM
    sweet idea, would look nice IMO
    03-25-09 02:36 PM
    She has a flame resistant suit on, she is a girl

But I would LOVE this as well.

03-25-09 02:38 PM
    Yeah +1. There is an app that already exists made by 3jam. I would def pay for such an app. It would be awesome to replace the SMS inbox on the storm with the 3rd party app. There seems to be an issue with the way things are coded though. Oh, and for all the iphone haters, long before u hated on the iphone for having threaded SMS, palm has had it for years, well before the iphone was born. Flame away.
    03-25-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD