I absolutely Love this game!
    Is there anyone who could make it for the storm?

Google "flood-it"
    05-18-09 03:58 PM
    Just checked it out and played a couple games, this would be a really cool game.
    05-18-09 04:03 PM
    +1 on this one! Played it on my brothers Iphone and it is quite addictive. Would be great to have it on blackberry.
    05-18-09 06:16 PM
    Yep. Great idea. Fun, yet basic game. Please someone create!!!
    05-18-09 06:32 PM
    BUMP This game would be great to have.
    05-26-09 10:26 PM
    This game is a must

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 12:30 AM
    First off, I have never written a BlackBerry app before, let alone a game. This is just something I threw together this afternoon to play with (because my daughter loves this game on her uncle's iPod Touch). I'm a C# .NET (Windows) developer by day -- this is my first foray into a Java app.

You can see a screenshot at www dot lotsofemail dot com slash Screen1.png (the "S" in screen is capitalized). I've posted less than 10 messages here so I can't directly link to the image.

Obviously, there's a ton of work to be done, but it is playable right now. The buttons at the bottom need a bit more "punch" and they need to be centered. There's no stats tracking, only one game board size and a fixed set of colors. It doesn't handle switching between portrait and landscape. But I'm pretty happy with it for only about 3 hours.

I'll try and get some more done this weekend, but I am concerned about any copyrights that may be involved here. I may consider contacting Labpixies to get their opinion on this before any of it goes public.

Thanks.

---
    Patrick Steele
    06-19-09 05:20 PM
    First off, I have never written a BlackBerry app before, let alone a game. This is just something I threw together this afternoon to play with (because my daughter loves this game on her uncle's iPod Touch). I'm a C# .NET (Windows) developer by day -- this is my first foray into a Java app.

You can see a screenshot at www dot lotsofemail dot com slash Screen1.png (the "S" in screen is capitalized). I've posted less than 10 messages here so I can't directly link to the image.

Obviously, there's a ton of work to be done, but it is playable right now. The buttons at the bottom need a bit more "punch" and they need to be centered. There's no stats tracking, only one game board size and a fixed set of colors. It doesn't handle switching between portrait and landscape. But I'm pretty happy with it for only about 3 hours.

I'll try and get some more done this weekend, but I am concerned about any copyrights that may be involved here. I may consider contacting Labpixies to get their opinion on this before any of it goes public.

Thanks.

---
    Patrick Steele
    Wow, this looks awesome! Very cool for your first BB App. My sister plays flood-it all day long on her iphone, I'd love to be able to put this on my BB. Maybe you can circumvent any copyrights by simply naming it something else. I'm really looking forward to this now, let me know if you need any help testing!
    06-19-09 05:31 PM
    did you contact the creators for permission's to create this game?
    06-19-09 07:07 PM
    Looking good. Let me help you out there...

http://www.lotsofemail.com/Screen1.png

Thanks.

---
    Patrick Steele
    Last edited by limjelo; 06-20-09 at 10:54 AM.
    06-19-09 07:24 PM
    Thanks for the link!
    06-20-09 07:48 AM

http://www.lotsofemail.com/Screen1.png
    +1 on the link.... d@mn Opera and its lack of highlighting . The game looks interesting though

06-20-09 10:34 AM
    I'm getting close to a "1.0" version. The game logic supports a board of any size, but the UI is hard-coded right now to 14x14 (25 moves to complete). I'm calling it "ColorFILL" -- a play on the word colorful. Hey, I'm a programmer and not very creative...

An updated screenshot can be found by going to the same link as mentioned above, but the image name is "ColorFILL1.png" instead of "Screen1.png" (and be careful because the URL is case-sensitive).

I hope I'll be able to release something by the end of the weekend. I'm off to a graduation party now and will be taking it easy tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement all!
    06-20-09 02:55 PM
    Sweet, looking forward to 1.0.

Here you go again since your below 10 posts...

06-20-09 03:13 PM
    Need any Beta testers. If u do, I'm here for ya. I have experience In it.
    If u want u can contact me at : [email protected]
    Thanks LOoks great,
    Zack

06-20-09 05:54 PM
    this game and cube runner are the only reason i pick up my itouch anymore
    06-20-09 06:02 PM
    i will beta test it pm me
    06-20-09 11:30 PM
    any update?
    06-22-09 07:57 PM
    All,

I didn't get a chance to create a little web page for the app nor release notes. But I did get the OTA link set up so download it and let me know you think.

I created a bit.ly shortcut call "colorfill". So point your Storm's browser to http colon slash slash bit.ly slash colorfill.

Please let me know how you like. Still more to do on it (there's no stats tracking yet and my daughter has requested special mode where you aren't limited in the number of moves and can keep going until its complete).

Thanks!
    06-22-09 11:46 PM
    All,

I didn't get a chance to create a little web page for the app nor release notes. But I did get the OTA link set up so download it and let me know you think.

I created a bit.ly shortcut call "colorfill". So point your Storm's browser to http colon slash slash bit.ly slash colorfill.

Please let me know how you like. Still more to do on it (there's no stats tracking yet and my daughter has requested special mode where you aren't limited in the number of moves and can keep going until its complete).

Thanks!
    here ya go:

http://www.lotsofemail.com/ColorFILL/ColorFILL.jad
    06-22-09 11:48 PM
    All,

Thanks!
    this is awesome!!! Thanks. I think you should start a new thread
    06-22-09 11:56 PM
    All,

Thanks!
    this is awesome!!! Thanks. I think you should start a new thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ne...orfill-253173/
    06-23-09 12:10 AM
    here ya go:

<url snipped>
    Thank you!! This will be my 8th post so I'm almost to 10 and can start including links myself.
    06-23-09 07:16 AM
    Wow this game is loads of fun. Thanks You Psteele. I really appriceate this

Ive been playing this all freaking day. God is this fun and simple
    Last edited by TommyDaGip; 06-23-09 at 02:00 PM.
    06-23-09 07:56 AM
    Good work Psteele.

I can't seem to win, though. Blast!

06-23-09 03:11 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD