A more versatile APP would allow us to 'tick' or 'un-tick' which applications are closed when it's run.
    02-24-09 07:22 PM
    Seconded. 10char
    02-24-09 07:24 PM
    Or an app that will close all running apps (except those built to run 24/7) at once with a single click.

-ern

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 07:30 PM
    yes, yes. i would love this.
    02-24-09 07:34 PM
    Or an app that will close all running apps (except those built to run 24/7) at once with a single click.

-ern

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    totally acceptable and fantastic!
    02-24-09 07:35 PM
    Agreed, this would be much better than switching to each application and closing it individually like we have to do now.
    02-24-09 07:42 PM
    sounds great
    02-24-09 07:43 PM
    for sure. can someone (dmglakewood? lol) explain whether or not this can be done?!
    02-24-09 07:43 PM
    Unfortunately this is not possible. RIM doesn't let one application close another, probably for security reasons.
    02-24-09 08:21 PM
    Unfortunately this is not possible. RIM doesn't let one application close another, probably for security reasons.
    Then RIM ought to be responsible for creating a solution. It's a terrible flaw the storm possesses which inevitably causes the operation to slow down which inhibits functionality.

There ought to be a solution.
    02-24-09 08:36 PM
    yes this would increase memory a **** load
    02-24-09 08:37 PM
    Nice request, I hope someone can create this. It would be good to just get a popup that show all apps running with checkboxes. The user would select the checkbox and click close to close them. As another option, a close all button on the same popup to simply close all running apps that are closeable.
    02-24-09 09:09 PM
    Can anyone say "magic button" for the storm?
    02-24-09 09:15 PM
    Not only would the be great to have, I can't believe the Storm doesn't already have such a feature integrated into it. You would have thought this would be a fundamental thing. MAJOR PITA to have to close every app individually. Why couldn't the "end call" button have just seconded as a close button to actually close whichever app is on top?

I agree that this is a major flaw, considering how much effect running apps have on overall performance.
    02-24-09 09:50 PM
    Not only would the be great to have, I can't believe the Storm doesn't already have such a feature integrated into it. You would have thought this would be a fundamental thing. MAJOR PITA to have to close every app individually. Why couldn't the "end call" button have just seconded as a close button to actually close whichever app is on top?

I agree that this is a major flaw, considering how much effect running apps have on overall performance.
    If it were up to me the back button would minimize the app and the end button would close the app. Unfortunately this is backwards normally and the back button does not always close the app. Viigo & AP Mobile News are two apps you have to manually close out of that I can think of.
    02-24-09 09:53 PM
    Or when you press and release the end buton it goes to the home screen and makes the current app go to the background, but when you press and HOLD it closes.
    02-25-09 10:46 AM
    This would be a great feature for "Quicklaunch" to add to thier nifty litle app! Great idea!
    Then again, Rimm REALLY should have this as part of the OS!
    02-25-09 12:01 PM
    to reiterate everyone, RIM ought to be responsible for this.

power in numbers people!
    02-25-09 02:02 PM
    I agree that RIM should have this or reduce their restriction that prevents others from writing it.

-Greg
    02-25-09 04:11 PM
    i'd love it!
    02-25-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD