02-22-09 03:30 AM
    There are tip / check calculator apps out there. I know because I remember wondering what sad f*** would actually pay money for such a thing! Mental arithmetic anyone?

Really struggling to see how anyone could find these apps either "fun" or "cool" either. Perhaps there's a self help book for this kind of thing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Phoctifino; 02-22-09 at 04:48 AM.
    02-22-09 04:33 AM
    Maybe they want to find the derivative of their bill? Some people may not be good at math; while others are. I was just eating with someone tonight who wanted to calculate 20% tip. We all know the for ex. $5.60, 20% tip is $1.12. And if you don't, then get this app when available. Who really cares if they need the app? If you need it, then download it, but do not insult or blast someone who is asking for an app that may be useful to them. And do not provide examples that by not using this app would impress your date more. That is ridiculous, who knows who and how it would. Seriously don't say that making this app would waste time, for other useful apps, when we have Storm dice, or Berry screen cleaner (not attacking anyone) these are not useful but fun to play with. So if your a math genius, or an ordinary joe, that can calculate tip, then save your phone some memory and battery.
    02-22-09 05:17 AM
    Made GREAT progress on this tonight. Look out for a release tomorrow night!
    02-22-09 06:22 AM
    It is amazing that we can apps that are Fart Machines, Easy Buttons, Lightsabers and other useless apps that are fun and give you an excuse to get that phone out and show it off. I have downloaded a couple of these to play around with. The OP inquired about an app that is useful, and also gives you a chance to get that phone out, and SMACK!!

OP, I think an app like this would be fun, and useful.
    02-22-09 06:27 AM
    DMG, did you create an official post for this app like you have for your others? I didn't see one, sorry if I missed it. Just wondering.

Thanks
    02-22-09 10:13 AM
    DMG, did you create an official post for this app like you have for your others? I didn't see one, sorry if I missed it. Just wondering.

Thanks

No I didn't, it's a small app I didn't even think about making a thread for it. Although I guess it couldn't hurt.
    02-22-09 12:23 PM
    No I didn't, it's a small app I didn't even think about making a thread for it. Although I guess it couldn't hurt.
    Some ppl might miss out on it b/c the post is labeled as a request. I'd like to see an official one from you hopefully to get away from all the "duh, you can do this with a calculator" or "you're stupid if you can't do this in your head". I like the app and the idea of it, thanks for making it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 12:36 PM
    Poor phoctifino, can't figure out why sad phocks like us don't like what he likes. All of us out here using apps like this must be idiots. And of course he feels an unquenchable need to insult us and the app creator. It must be tough and lonely being that tiny group of people who get it? Don't waste your time, I'm pretty certain no self help book can help you.
    02-22-09 08:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD