I've seen this on the apple devices, and it is a very nifty and easy to use device. Can someone make something that calculates checks at a restaurant for example, to include what % tip, and divide among (x) amount of people.
    Thanks a lot.
    02-21-09 08:40 PM
    They make that it's called a calculator.
    02-21-09 08:48 PM
    They make that it's called a calculator.
    thanks for your unprecedented insight.
    02-21-09 08:59 PM
    Make one in Sheets to go.
    02-21-09 11:29 PM
    Make one in Sheets to go.
    How would i go about doing that?
    02-22-09 12:00 AM
    Im sorry but I dont EVER get this request. Any monkey can figure out 10% (move the decimal over one place) just take this number and times it by 2 to get a 20% tip...why waste time with an app??

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but WHY is this app useful and needed, I've seen plenty of people ask for it.

As far as dividing up a tip that should be pretty easy even if you're bad at math...unless if you're diving a huge tip by like 13 people or something wierd. As far as diving up a tab, a calculator would be quicker then an app as well.
    02-22-09 12:03 AM
    Im sorry but I dont EVER get this request. Any monkey can figure out 10% (move the decimal over one place) just take this number and times it by 2 to get a 20% tip...why waste time with an app??

I'm not trying to insult anyone, but WHY is this app useful and needed, I've seen plenty of people ask for it.

As far as dividing up a tip that should be pretty easy even if you're bad at math...unless if you're diving a huge tip by like 13 people or something wierd. As far as diving up a tab, a calculator would be quicker then an app as well.
    Agreed 100%

This guy just saw the Iphone commercial guaranteed.
    02-22-09 12:48 AM
    There's no need to rude about OP's question/request. Yes, you could go about using a bloody calculator.... But where's the fun in that?
    I'm sure there's plenty of BB users here that would like to have a fun (and quite useful) app such as that.

So.... Instead of being a negative insight to this thread, how about leaving the comments to those that actually have something positive to say.

With that being said..... Yes I think this would be a good app to have.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:01 AM
    You're probably right, but using a bloody calculator wouldn't be very hygienic though.
    02-22-09 01:08 AM
    There's no need to rude about OP's question/request. Yes, you could go about using a bloody calculator.... But where's the fun in that?
    I'm sure there's plenty of BB users here that would like to have a fun (and quite useful) app such as that.

So.... Instead of being a negative insight to this thread, how about leaving the comments to those that actually have something positive to say.

With that being said..... Yes I think this would be a good app to have.

I think you missed the part where a calculator is not even needed to compute 20%

If you're tipping 15% you're a cheap arse, and if you're tipping a wierd amount like 17/23% you're a chump. So...if you're tipping 20% like most normal people a calculator is not even needed if you can connect the dots.

If you feel like over tipping and doing something like 25% you should also not need a calculator..divide the tab by 4

Not being rude, SIMPLY asking HOW this would be a useful app...give me an example of why you would need this on a daily or even weekly basis.

*IE you go out to eat with wierd numbers of people 6/7 and have to split your tab and tip and didn't bother to tell the waitress before hand?!? And somehow do this often enough to justify an app? Or the more likely cause, you want want an excuse to whip your phone out and pull up a nifty looking app to calculate the tip to impress your date/friend/waitress when it would be more impressive to calculate the tip without having to use such a device
    02-22-09 01:13 AM
    I love the first amendment. Any ***** can come here and blast the OP because they feel an obligation to belittle his request.

I'd like to see this app too. Just like I enjoy my easy staples button app.

02-22-09 01:16 AM
    It may seem like a dumb request, and of course there is a calc. But I think one of the reasons for having this type of device is so you can load it with a bunch of quick use apps.
    02-22-09 01:23 AM
    I love the first amendment. Any ***** can come here and blast the OP because they feel an obligation to belittle his request.

I'd like to see this app too. Just like I enjoy my easy staples button app.

LMAO..once again can someone explain why they would need this app on a regular basis or does everyone want it just to say they have it?

If you eat out regularly you already know how much to tip even if the first few times you had to use a calculator...you know that if your tab is 50 to 60 you can tip 10-12 to equal 20%...60-70 12-14....70-80....14-16 I can keep going for days but I still cant see the need for a tip app.

Staples button is nice useless fun..its meant to entertain.

Tip app..Meant to help people mindlessly calculate a 20% tip when it takes more time to whip out your phone, get the app up and punch in the numbers then it does to move the decimal over and X by 2?!?!?!?
    02-22-09 01:26 AM
    Unless you have a full version of Docs to go, you need to use a PC and an excel program to make a calc. Then email it to your BB and save attachment. Use the calc in sheets to go but alwayd discard save changes on exit.

02-22-09 01:30 AM
    LMAO..once again can someone explain why they would need this app on a regular basis or does everyone want it just to say they have it?

If you eat out regularly you already know how much to tip even if the first few times you had to use a calculator...you know that if your tab is 50 to 60 you can tip 10-12 to equal 20%...60-70 12-14....70-80....14-16 I can keep going for days but I still cant see the need for a tip app.

Staples button is nice useless fun..its meant to entertain.

Tip app..Meant to help people mindlessly calculate a 20% tip when it takes more time to whip out your phone, get the app up and punch in the numbers then it does to move the decimal over and X by 2?!?!?!?
    If we all could be so smart. I still use my fingers to count so I'd like this fun app.

02-22-09 01:33 AM
    If we all could be so smart. I still use my fingers to count so I'd like this fun app.

I guess I take math for granted i dunno
    02-22-09 01:38 AM
    I guess I take math for granted i dunno
    Yes... I do believe you do.

As for me, this would be a semi-useful app for me, due to a majority of all the business luncheons/dinners I'm required to host in order to obtain an account or contract.

Plus I think it would be a fun little app to have.
    02-22-09 02:04 AM
    I am starting work on this, and I think its gonna be good
    02-22-09 02:21 AM
    Sorry about that Epic I didn't see your post. I just completed this =X. Ohh well it's always good to have options to choose from.
    02-22-09 02:27 AM
    I think you missed the part where a calculator is not even needed to compute 20%

If you're tipping 15% you're a cheap arse, and if you're tipping a wierd amount like 17/23% you're a chump. So...if you're tipping 20% like most normal people a calculator is not even needed if you can connect the dots.

If you feel like over tipping and doing something like 25% you should also not need a calculator..divide the tab by 4

Not being rude, SIMPLY asking HOW this would be a useful app...give me an example of why you would need this on a daily or even weekly basis.

*IE you go out to eat with wierd numbers of people 6/7 and have to split your tab and tip and didn't bother to tell the waitress before hand?!? And somehow do this often enough to justify an app? Or the more likely cause, you want want an excuse to whip your phone out and pull up a nifty looking app to calculate the tip to impress your date/friend/waitress when it would be more impressive to calculate the tip without having to use such a device
    Who the **** do you think you are? I requested this app because it is both useful and fun. To whomever said i saw an iPhone commercial, idk what you're talking about, i used to have this app on my itouch, so i thought it would be cool to have for the storm. Will i necessarily need this app, no, is it something fun and easy-to-use to have, yes. And ***-hole, I am a senior in high school, and I am in AP Calculus and am a top student in that class; so next time you try and talk down to me, or anyone else on these forums, be prepared to look like a jack ***.
    02-22-09 03:00 AM
    I'm taking mine down a little different path. We will see what people like I guess. I don't even have signing keys yet!
    02-22-09 03:00 AM
    I'm taking mine down a little different path. We will see what people like I guess. I don't even have signing keys yet!
    Ehh, for a simple app like this you shouldn't need them. You shouldn't need to use an secure api's
    02-22-09 03:06 AM
    Nice, just noticing that. The one I'm waiting on uses Persistent Storage so that one requires it =/
    02-22-09 03:08 AM
    dmg, can we talk via IM?
    02-22-09 03:09 AM
    Yeah persistent storage needs to be signed.

I don't use IM's I used to but feel free to pm / email me anytime.
    02-22-09 03:30 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD