i know the folks on BES have all their device info backed up on the BES server. So that if they lost everything the info will be pushed back on their device.

Does anyone know of an app or any way to have this done on BIS? i don't have a PC firstly; But i also like to avoid Desktop Manager as much as possible. i have my contacts backed up with Google Sync which is great. But there's a ton of other info i'd hate to lose should something happen to my BlackBerry.

i was so thrilled when OTA OS upgrades became available!

Any insights, apps, suggestions, idea and thoughts would be appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-09 07:29 AM
    There's the free Beta of DataBackup from S4BB available on App World (or their website). The current version backs up Contacts, Messages, Calendar, and more to your SD card.

Have you seen e-GPS on the CB App Store? I'm sure a PC is required. In case of a lost device, you can remotely back it up and wipe the device. Doesn't help for backing up a bricked device of course!
    I think it's $4.99 and if I recall was on sale for $2.49 for some time.

11-22-09 01:48 PM
    i'll check both of those out. Thanks!

11-22-09 01:56 PM
    If one does have a PC what can be used to sync (two way and not just once) Calendar and Contacts? I am looking to replace Palm desktop and hotsync. Thanks. B B

11-24-09 04:46 AM
    i use Google Sync for that. Works great!

11-24-09 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD