I searched the forums and saw this wasn't mentioned before.

For those who don't know what this is:

How Augmented Reality Will Work

Wikipedia: Augmented Reality

There is a G1 Application that performs this function, it is a really awesome application with many uses. I'm hoping one will eventually come out on the Storm. Also I'm not very sure how effective a "Request" thread on Crackberry would be, but I figured it was worth a shot.
    03-05-09 01:13 AM
    i don get it?? so you take a pic of osmethin n it gives u info??? i didnt read much cuz i have a headache from sooooooo much reading this past month n a half!!! i never read a whole book in my life n ive prob read the equal of 1000 books in the past month
    anyway.. whats this app supposed to do?
    03-05-09 02:10 AM
    This is a really vague request about a really interesting field. I saw the android app, Enkin, that apparently uses AR and I suppose must be the app you were talking about. Are you basically asking for something that has the same or similar functionality? You should have been a little (lot?) more specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 04:27 AM
    This is a really vague request about a really interesting field. I saw the android app, Enkin, that apparently uses AR and I suppose must be the app you were talking about. Are you basically asking for something that has the same or similar functionality? You should have been a little (lot?) more specific.

My Mistake, but yes an App very similar to the Android App. Wikitude Travel is the name of it.

You pan around in camera mod and POI are highlighted and labeled. As you turn your Geo Location is used to see what direction your pointing in and thereby changes what building or POI's are labeled / highlighted in real time.
    03-07-09 01:18 AM
    Dont know what you guys talking bout but this has got my vote
    03-07-09 01:43 AM
    He means like computer generated images projected on top of real world images in real time. You point the camera around at stuff and computer generated info pops up over buildings/landscapes. I just saw a video related to this on collegehumor. Here's the vid (fix the link as necessary as I do not have enough posts to show a link correctly).

h ttp://ww.collegehumor.com/video:1903121

If it "Wow"s you to the point where you're think it's just a fake video, you can actually go on GE.com and find that exact thing they're making the video of and do it yourself. Pretty cool stuff, and I definitely think they should make an app that uses this technology.
    03-07-09 02:30 AM
    that actually would be pretty awesome if the Storm could get an app like that. If you go to youtube and type in wikitude you will see what this is all about. I would pay for this app.
    Last edited by cuban_dudeca; 03-07-09 at 10:14 AM.
    03-07-09 10:08 AM
    I agree, this stuff is way cool!

Some cool stuff here on Gizmodo about AR

Augmented Reality - Gizmodo
    07-25-09 07:24 AM
    I like the idea of using Skittles as weapons

07-25-09 07:43 AM
    Is anyone else upset that the iphone has stuff that storm doesn't? Namely wikitude.

10-01-09 10:28 PM
    ZOMBIE POST!

Has there been any updates on this? I just found out about augmented reality games a few days ago, and I'd love if there was one for BlackBerry.
    06-24-10 08:29 PM
    i don get it?? so you take a pic of osmethin n it gives u info??? i didnt read much cuz i have a headache from sooooooo much reading this past month n a half!!! i never read a whole book in my life n ive prob read the equal of 1000 books in the past month
    anyway.. whats this app supposed to do?
    Not how it works at all....view the world through your camera (not taking pictures, just looking) and it overlays information about places and people such as BBM contacts. You can also view these on a map so you can find out what and who is near you and where they are...it interacts with directory information too.

Much more than just a photo add-on
    Last edited by photoshop; 09-26-11 at 07:41 AM.
    09-26-11 07:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD