Hey guys -

My first app request - but trust me, if you go to the gym and lift you will definitely find it useful. I'm looking for someone to design a simple, big-buttoned app that would allow someone to keep track of the progress they make in lifting week-to-week. It's a pain to carry around a pencil/notepad and I already have my phone for music/slacker. It would be simple (in my mind, but i'm no programmer!)
    * Be able to enter an exercise name
    * Enter set #, weight performed, and # of reps
    * Record/hold data from past week(s)

Oh and if this helps drive any BB programmer out there, I would be willing to pay (~$5) and currently there is no app like this exists for the iPhone! You can design something original rather an iPhone re-make!
    03-23-09 03:47 PM
    Gymtechnik does this already. Search for it.
    03-23-09 04:12 PM
    I was looking for a similar app. mcschulz is right, Gymtechnik works great for this...and it's free.
    03-23-09 07:26 PM
    Gymtechnik gives me problems. I would prefer an installed app as opposed to an online thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 07:43 PM
    Gymtechnik does this already. Search for it.
    great app too i use it at the gym all the time to track my progress. People think im texting all the time but I dont care.
    03-23-09 08:46 PM
    I like that you requested it have big buttons for big man gym fingers

03-23-09 08:57 PM
    I would probably download this app if it existed. And a cool feature to add to it would be one that could also track distance/time ran using GPS to keep record of all workout related information..
    03-23-09 10:55 PM
    Gymtechnik gives me problems. I would prefer an installed app as opposed to an online thing.

Sorry to hear this - What problems exactly are you experiencing? We'll be sure to look at it. And you can also drop us a line using our contact us form on gymtechnik.com. We're very responsive with our customer feedback.
    03-24-09 01:54 PM
    I would probably download this app if it existed. And a cool feature to add to it would be one that could also track distance/time ran using GPS to keep record of all workout related information..

Our most popular feature request =)

We're actually getting extremely close to launching our downloadable BlackBerry application. We'll let everyone know once it's out... It's going to be quite the killer app!
    03-24-09 02:15 PM

We're actually getting extremely close to launching our downloadable BlackBerry application. We'll let everyone know once it's out... It's going to be quite the killer app!
    I'm definitely looking forward to this being an actual BB app, I love Gymtechnik!
    03-24-09 02:51 PM
    sweet. I'm gonna sign up now... no more trying to remember the weight i was at on each piece of equpt. from week to week.
    03-24-09 03:09 PM

I am definitely interested in seeing what you have to offer. Looking forward to trying out your app.
    03-24-09 03:19 PM
    Add me to the list of very satisfied users of GymTechnik. The support is fantastic! Really looking forward to the downloadable app. If you guys need beta testers, let me know.
    03-24-09 03:21 PM
    Been logging my stats for 4 years with a pad a paper, thank God this is out. UI is easy, simple and large for when things get shaky at the end of a session! The database library would be perfect if it mirrored Bodybuilding.com exercise library, but I am sure in time. At least it allows you to customize your exercises. Thanks Guys!!!
    03-24-09 03:49 PM
    ya know, i looked at gymtechnik, but i didnt find it that user friendly, espeically for someone just starting out... and it would be nice if it could include different types of weight machines that the gyms offer nowadays.
    03-24-09 04:07 PM
    ya know, i looked at gymtechnik, but i didnt find it that user friendly, espeically for someone just starting out... and it would be nice if it could include different types of weight machines that the gyms offer nowadays.
    But it has the ability to add custom exercises. That's what I did when I couldn't find the exact exercise. It truly is user friendly, try it out for a lifting session, I think that you will change your opinion.

03-24-09 04:29 PM
    I like gymtechnik, but I do think there is room for improvement.

I don't like having to use a third party browser for it and I'd like it to be a little more streamlined. I totally look like i'm just texting away in the gym.
    03-24-09 04:44 PM
    I like gymtechnik, but I do think there is room for improvement.

I don't like having to use a third party browser for it and I'd like it to be a little more streamlined. I totally look like i'm just texting away in the gym.
    Thanks for the tip wymerica. Any particular area in the app you can point out to us for improvement? Also, for the entry input method, within your mobile settings you can select if you'd rather type the value or select from a picklist. This is really more of a preference.

And any reason why you're using a third party browser? We're fully compatible, and in fact the most compatible, with the BlackBerry native browser...
    03-25-09 08:46 AM
    Hey Fitgeek, great program btw, this is perfect and exactly what I was looking for.
    I did run into an issue with it yesterday though. Nothing big, but wanted to bring it to your attention anyway. I am using the "superhero" series of excersizes. I am on the second week so when I go into the area to select # of reps and weight it shows what I did the previous time I worked out. Yesterday I was doing chest. For the barbel bench press I did 4 sets the first workout. Yesterday only 3 spots showed up. I clicked the "add a set" button and instead of 1, 4 more sets showed up. So in total there were 8 spots to fill in info not the original 3 + 1 more added.
    Like I said nothing huge but maybe there is some issue with the html code. just and FYI. Thanks again for a great application
    btw I am using my curve 8330 while doing this (dont want to subject the storm to a knarly drop).....not sure if that matters
    03-25-09 03:43 PM

Well I just downloaded it... I will enter my workout routine tonight and start using it ASAP!... yeah that would be cool as **** to have that GPS feature.

Thanks... looks good so far.
    03-25-09 04:16 PM
    Why not just use excel to do this. You can keep a blank docs on your phone for word excel and ppt.
    03-25-09 04:24 PM
    I've also tried gym technik. Unfortunately, I can't get good reception in my gym's basement. So, i'll have to wait for the downloadable app. I should also note that the workouts are listed in alphabetical order, instead of the sequence specified by the workout plan. As an example, the superhero routine lists arms, back,and then chest, instead of shoulders, legs, then back, the way its listed in the online description.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to using this app more once its available.

03-25-09 04:45 PM
    Gymtechnik hands down! I use it with slacker everymorning. Love how it tells me what my last reps and weights were at a previous workout so I can improve. Customer service is great. We converse regularly and the native app is around the corner.

03-25-09 04:57 PM
    How can anyone look like your texting?? Go into mobile settings and set the input method to drop down menu!! This program is 100% user friendly. You can add custom exercise all you want. Look people the idea here whether your using gymtechnik or a note pad is to plan your work out the day before so you spend more time actually exercising and not trying to figure out your next exercise. But you CAN add exercises during a workout if need be if for some reason you need to or something changes. And some new features are on their way, so be assurd this will be the best out there. Whenever I have a problem or request, I send it to them and they listen.

03-25-09 05:14 PM
    Wasn't aware something like this even existed...cool! Looking forward to the downloadable app.
    03-25-09 08:40 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD