I asked this before in another thread, but couldn't find the post -

1. Is there an app that will light up/turn on the screen when I receive a text/email/etc?

2. Is there an app that will constantly keep the screen on when I'm using apps such as Google Maps?

I'm using Bold 9650 with OS6.
    05-07-11 09:55 PM
    I asked this before in another thread, but couldn't find the post -

1. Is there an app that will light up/turn on the screen when I receive a text/email/etc?

2. Is there an app that will constantly keep the screen on when I'm using apps such as Google Maps?

I'm using Bold 9650 with OS6.
    1. Check this out. It's from a well-respected member here and it does the job well.

2. Idem. Leave it on can do what you're looking for.
    05-07-11 10:04 PM
    I purchased/used this app when I had my 8900 and it did work great! Plus I know the app has seen many more updates since then!

I have not used it on OS 6 but I would imagine that it would work the same if not better.

Plus, with a free trial available, how can you really go wrong?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 10:23 PM
    Any free apps that will do the trick?
    05-07-11 11:06 PM
    Leave it on!!! Not free, but WELL worth the money! The best app like it out there!!!!
    Last edited by peege; 05-07-11 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Computer
    05-07-11 11:13 PM
    Any free apps that will do the trick?
    I don't think there are any free apps that will turn on the backlight when you receive an SMS/Email. I'm not even sure if there is a free app that will keep your backlight on for an undetermined amount of time.

I do know of other apps that will do what you're looking for, but they are all paid/premium apps. And I could be wrong, but I think you would need more than one app to do it. Leave it On would probably be your best bet. Like I said in the other post, it has a free trial and you could test it out to see if it is something you would be interested in!

Otherwise, you may wanna try searching App World and/or Mobihand for an alternative. New apps are posted all the time so you never know what you may find!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-11 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD