My cousin just got the new Iphone and was trying to make me jealous (didn't work) and i was looking through apples app store and they have very cheap apps! The cheapest I have seen on the Blackberry App Store is 2.99. Who decides what the min price is?
    06-21-09 10:15 PM
    My cousin just got the new Iphone and was trying to make me jealous (didn't work) and i was looking through apples app store and they have very cheap apps! The cheapest I have seen on the Blackberry App Store is 2.99. Who decides what the min price is?
    1) bb app world (the bb app store) limits the pricing to:

free
    &
    $2.99+ (nothing in b/w)

(http://blackberrysnob.com/wp-content...ld-pricing.jpg) - a look at the app world pricing table

2) h/e if u go to mobihand or crackberry store, ur get apps from free, $0.99, $1, $1.99, $2.99, etc

(if u go to mobihand/crackberry store route, the dev have the say on what the price is, but if the dev puts it into the app world, it has to be either free, or $2.99+)
    Last edited by DriftDevil; 06-21-09 at 10:21 PM.
    06-21-09 10:18 PM
    They may have cheaper apps but they don't have the support like we do on crackberry. Here we can actually talk to the devs and post problems abd get feed back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:21 PM
    They may have cheaper apps but they don't have the support like we do on crackberry. Here we can actually talk to the devs and post problems abd get feed back.

ya what kc said ^^^^

(u can add what kc said to my post )
    06-21-09 10:22 PM
    For the record, anyone that makes an app that is in the last ($100 increment) tier should be banned from life.
    06-21-09 11:18 PM
    yea this pricing sucks because I would like to put my app on the appworld to increase my audience, but i dont want to sell it for 2.99
    06-22-09 08:56 AM
    For the record, anyone that makes an app that is in the last ($100 increment) tier should be banned from life.
    i wrote a 250 dollar app for the government agency i work for. but my games are cheaper than anyone elses... am i going to get banned?
    06-22-09 09:28 PM
    i wrote a 250 dollar app for the government agency i work for. but my games are cheaper than anyone elses... am i going to get banned?
    is your $250 app 1) in app world 2) available to the public and 3) in the $100 increment tier?
    Last edited by gafly; 06-23-09 at 02:14 AM.
    06-23-09 02:11 AM

Not true at all. Every app in App World has a contact button in the description. Every developer I've contacted has responded within a day or less (minutes in some cases).
    06-23-09 10:45 AM
    yea this pricing sucks because I would like to put my app on the appworld to increase my audience, but i dont want to sell it for 2.99
    You really should though Wfubball. It's an AWESOME app and something a lot of people are looking for. I know I was!!!! Very cool of you to have priced it at only $1.99, but there are probably a lot of people who may not know about the CB store or Mobihand but have App World on their Storm and would be really excited to see an app like this available. $2.99 is an absolutely reasonable price for your app!

My write up of Wfubball's Picture Cropping App on BlackBerryChick if anyone is interested
    06-23-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD