Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MADBRADNYC
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default App to prevent screen dim/off?

I have a car cradle for my BB9900 now, and want to listen to music when I drive, use TRAFFIC, etc.

However, the screen shuts off after a minute when I'm driving! I'm looking for an app to: Prevent screen dim/off on idle

I see the app BBlight which keeps the backlight on, but I'm not sure that's the same thing. I would like the backlight to be automatic (depending on ambient light) as I think it works now. I just don't want the screen off!

Is there an app for that?
    CrackBerry's Sour Grape

Global Posts
    7,201 Global Posts

there are a few apps like BBLight, I can not confirm compatibility with OS7 but there are a few out there.
    ShaoSoft makes one I think too.

They however will not be set by ambient light, they will be either ON or OFF
    BIG UP BIG UP, ITS A STICK UP STICK UP
    @Fubaz
    Editor for BerryReview @BerryReview
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ocgltd View Post
    I have a car cradle for my BB9900 now, and want to listen to music when I drive, use TRAFFIC, etc.

However, the screen shuts off after a minute when I'm driving! I'm looking for an app to: Prevent screen dim/off on idle

I see the app BBlight which keeps the backlight on, but I'm not sure that's the same thing. I would like the backlight to be automatic (depending on ambient light) as I think it works now. I just don't want the screen off!

Is there an app for that?
    Advance OS and LED also has a feature that will keep the backlight on.
    CrackBerry Genius

MY TAKE ON THE Z10... I DON'T KNOW HOW, OR WHY, BUT IT WORKS!!!
    Michelle Haag likes this.