I know that the volume rocker on the side of the phone is useless on the homescreen, but I wonder if the device still recognizes that it is being pressed? If so, I would definitely pay (a reasonable price) for an app that would allow you to shuffle through your profiles with the rocker. Can any app developers out there tell me if this is possible, or worth it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:38 PM
    Maybe it could be called "Profile Rocker"?

02-21-09 03:02 PM
    I am also interested in something like that but maybe you could just use profiler and have your BB automatically set your profiles.
    02-21-09 03:33 PM
    I kinda like profiler, but I want to be able to change it myself. I know the profile button is easy to use, I just like the idea of saving some screen real estate by setting it to the rocker.

02-21-09 03:43 PM
    No, it does not seem possible. First, RIM does not allow 3rd party software to have access to Profiles. You can't even read any info about the currently selected Profile, let alone change it. Second, the KeyListener successfully recognizes when regular keyboard keys (a-z, 0-9, etc.) and buttons (phone, convenience keys, escape, etc.) are pressed but it does not recognize the Volume Up and Down keys (atleast not on my Bold).
    02-22-09 10:40 AM
    Bummer, thanks for the info.

02-22-09 01:46 PM
    It was not a bad idea though.
    02-22-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD