Hello all,

Is there an app that will allow me to assign functions (ex: turn on flashlight, voice record) to different keys on my 9900? I love the phone but the one convenience key is a downer.

Thank you
    12-12-11 03:08 PM
    sixtools?
    10 characters
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 03:11 PM
    Hello all,

Is there an app that will allow me to assign functions (ex: turn on flashlight, voice record) to different keys on my 9900? I love the phone but the one convenience key is a downer.

Thank you
    The six tools App or ExtraKeys app both by shaoSoft in BB app world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    TLD1 and p51 like this.
    12-12-11 03:21 PM
    Sixtools and Quicklauch. With these 2 apps you'll never have to look at your app homescreen again.

Sixtools gives you 3 more convenience keys. And with Quicklaunch... you can add more hotkeys.
    TLD1 and p51 like this.
    12-12-11 03:39 PM
    I saw this MediakeyBooster which has nice features.
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 03:47 PM
    One more vote for QL.
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 05:41 PM
    I find Quicklaunch to be cumbersome. I like the idea of a key press. I used to like q for SMS using qsms and u for calculator, but I guess those are gone.
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 05:45 PM
    I find Quicklaunch to be cumbersome. I like the idea of a key press. I used to like q for SMS using qsms and u for calculator, but I guess those are gone.
    Set Quicklaunch to open with spacebar, assign any app or task to open with a hotkey.

Mine set up is like that... spacebar then which ever hotkey I assign to an app. It just adds more to the native hotkeys. I no longer have to look at my panels.
    Last edited by dustanh; 12-13-11 at 10:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 06:08 PM
    Good suggestions. I still use Quick Launch, although they haven't updated it in quite a while. If you want to expand your home screen shortcuts choices (like M for messages, N for BBM, L for calendar and so on), there's nothing better than MyOwnIcons. It gives you 10 extra home screen icons plus a choice of a shortcut button for each of them. You can create an icon + shortcut key for pretty much anything.
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 06:22 PM
    An update is pending for Quicklaunch... keep an eye out for it BB App World in the next few days. Do not go to Mobihand! They don't support it anymore.

Check this thread (the last few posts): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0/index17.html
    p51 likes this.
    12-12-11 06:35 PM
    deKlikken is a cool app that you can assign 1-4 clicks for your convenience key, but they need to update it to include the basic messages, bbm, text, which I have been told is coming soon.
    12-12-11 07:52 PM
    For me SixTools all the way. I love it!
    12-12-11 07:56 PM
    I bought quicklaunch from mobihand but could still download it. I contacted niki and they sent me a new code for my new phone but it would be nice to get it thru app world but I can't unless I pay for it again.

That reminds me I really should download it on my computer.
    12-12-11 08:00 PM
    Thanks for this thread! I have been bemoaning RIM discarding one of my beloved convenience keys since I used the left hand one to open my contact list on every BB I've had before...and the one on the lower right is not placed where it's easy to press without looking down and thinking about it, IMO.

I'm gonna try SixKeys or Quicklaunch and set up my space bar for the contact list launch. Makes sense...
    12-13-11 07:01 AM
    MediaKeyBooster turns media keys to 16 convenience keys.

If Volume keys are very easy to click accidentally (when you take the device out of holster or when the device is in the pocket), MKB let you turn off 1xClick launching of the volume key leaving you with 2x, 3x, 4x clicks convenience keys.

Combine it with macros in ShortcutMe, you can get MKB to automatically unlock your BB (including enter your password).
    p51 likes this.
    12-13-11 07:13 AM
    Thanks for this thread! I have been bemoaning RIM discarding one of my beloved convenience keys since I used the left hand one to open my contact list on every BB I've had before...and the one on the lower right is not placed where it's easy to press without looking down and thinking about it, IMO.

I'm gonna try SixKeys or Quicklaunch and set up my space bar for the contact list launch. Makes sense...
    If you have dial from home screen turned off, you can press the A or C key to open your contact list without any 3rd party app.
    p51 likes this.
    12-13-11 10:10 AM
    quicklaunch on sale for $1.99 CAD right now.... just got it from app world...so funny the other day it was 6.99
    12-13-11 11:53 PM
    ExtraKeys worked great on my 9900 - theres even a trail. The only issue I had was when the device is locked and one of those keys get pressed while in my pocket, it activates what the key is assigned to. I emailed the dev and he said it was on his todo list.
    12-14-11 12:51 AM
    Sounds like the new version of QL should be on sale for $1.99 within the next day, only in App World.
    12-14-11 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD