Can anyone help me, I seem to constently have a low memory (about 9Mb) left, I have tried removing the battery and it improves to about 22.b for a day or so. I have a couple of Apps installed but does anyone have any tips that I can use to maximise my App memory, it seems that whenever I see a good App I've got to create space for it. Apart from this I love my Blackberry 9000.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-10 04:24 AM
    I am still fairly new with my 9000 also. I usually have about 33mb of free space on my app. memory with a couple of apps installed. I make sure I close all programs and also clear my history.
    02-20-10 05:59 AM
    There are good guides for memory optimizing in the How To and FAQ forums. Worth a look if you are that low.

I have about 20apps installed and boot at 41mb today. No FaceBook or other real memory hogs on my list.

02-20-10 06:13 AM
    i've tried all the memory tips I can find and at present my App memory is 24MB free, I have the following Apps installed:
    Snaptu
    Poynt
    Scoremobile
    Blackberry App World
    weatherbug
    Animated screenSavers
    Colour ID Lite free
    Colour woody Theme

The free available memory will drop after around a day, is there anything obvious that i should be doing(apart from pulling the battery and deleting my browser history-which i'm doing almost daily), the OS that I'm on is 4.6.0.266, I've tried updating and it says that this is the most up to date OS, but I've heard people talking about v5, is this because I'm in the uk and v5 is'nt out yet.

can anyone also suggest what are the must have Apps and are there any of the above listed that I can get rid of or replace with better ones?

Any tips would be appreciated as this is my only bug with my Bold 9000, it is my first Blackberry and it is the best phone I've ever had.
    02-20-10 11:23 AM
    App world is a huge memory hog. Delete it and if you need it again you can redownload it.
    Themes can sometimes cause a memory leak. Try running the stock theme if deleting app world doesn't help.

02-20-10 01:57 PM
    X2 on AppWorld. It is a huge memory hog. Play around with different themes. Some are major memory hogs, too.

02-20-10 02:07 PM
    Does anyone have some sort of list of apps which are known memory hogs?
    02-20-10 06:48 PM
    i use Maclaen's and Elle magazine and both are mean on the memory. thats about all ive noticed. MSN messanger is huge...like 3mb and ICQ as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-20-10 07:12 PM
    If you don't delete your email and txt msgs they will take up your availibile app memory.

So if you save them that could be part of your problem maybe?

I was losing memory over time and couldn't figure out what was going on duh lol

But after firguring out what was the culprit I saved them to my computer and deleted them off my phone I gained like 22mb of memory

I get a lot of jokes thru txt and email and like to save them.

To see how much much memory your msgs and other stuff is taking
    go to options > status then press the menu button and an option appears that say data base sizes click on that and look thru and see if your sms and mms and e-mail are taking up your memory.

it may not help you losing memory after a battery pull but it may give you more mem after a battery pull.

just my .02

Bubba
    02-20-10 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD