I would think something is wrong here. When I do a batter-pull (via MeterBerry) I restart with 4.1mb of app. memory. To me, that seems pretty low.
    How can I figure out what's eating my memory?
    On Startup the only apps I see open (By pressing BB Key and "Switch Application" button) are:
    Wheres My PHone
    Home Screen
    Phone
    Browser

Other then those, on my BB I have installed:
    IM+ Lite
    WeatherBug
    Facebook
    Nobex Radio Companion
    Opera Mini 5 Beta 2
    Twitter
    MeterBerry
    Bloomberg Mobile
    App World
    CBS Sports Tourney
    MLB At Bat 2010
    YouTube
    Pandora
    Poynt
    Bolt
    LearnChinese
    Slacker Radio
    BBScanner
    VCast SongID
    Bluff My Call
    Vigo
    Google Maps
    Word to Go
    Slideshow to Go
    Superstore
    Storm Slider
    BePopup
    BeBuzz Free
    Ka-Glam!
    Lights Out
    LinkFour
    FreddyFalling
    Warship
    Addto

Along with the very core applications that come with the phone (camera, phone, calender, ect...)
    Do any of the above apps. stick out to you as Memory drainers?
    For the amount of Apps that I have, is that considered a low application memory to have on startup?

Thanks for your help!
    03-15-10 07:47 PM
    you be blunt, you have to much crap installed...the storm 1 with OS 5 just doesnt have alot of room to install apps
    03-15-10 07:49 PM
    Lol! Now that's a list. App memory isn't just ram, it's comparable to a hard drive on a pc. You need to delete some apps. You've filled it to the max.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 07:51 PM
    Most definitely gotta delete some here no possible way to use all these on the Storm 1
    03-15-10 09:31 PM
    Hi Kylash,

I won't judge and I will cut you a break. I have to because I have many of the same apps and I too loaded my Storm 1 to the max (experimenting with apps and playing with various apps). I generally boot up at 1 MB or below depending on how many e-mails with attachments are on my storm at any given time.

Since I installed the .419 leak and also with official OS.323, I still have very good performance at low memory levels. Occasionally I show zero app memory and the unit still is working well. I can run half the day at zero app memory showing before I start seeing the little clock icon from he** which tells me when it is time to do a battery pull. I have to perform a battery pull about once a day or so, but with a 2 minute boot up, I don't mind that inconvience to have a lot of cool apps available on my blackberry

I am up for my 2 year early upgrade in July, if the Storm 3 is not eminent at that time, I will upgrade to the Storm 2 to get double the App memory and double the size of the micro SD card. App memory will then be no problem, as long as I don't go on another download binge which would put me back into app memory jeopardy. Besides, maybe the storm 2 users will get thrown an occasional bone of an OS leak which I think we can now kiss off with the Storm 1.

The one app which seems to be a major memory leaker is App World. I deleted that and my memory now holds to a much more steady level. I only install App World when I want to download an app, and when done downloading, I can't get it off of my Storm fast enough. Of course with such low memory, and with app world coming in around 700k, I wait until the browser leads me to the download, if the memory is insufficient, I delete app world, reboot, and go back to history on my browser to complete the download. That stupid BlackBerry trick works great for me for any apps under 1 MB. Larger files require me to delete and do without additional apps to make room for the new app (I hate when that happens, haha).

You have 4 MB left, I am jealous. Good luck and enjoy your Storm

cdskidso
    03-15-10 10:34 PM
    dang,,,thats way to much!!!
    03-15-10 10:42 PM
    Like everyone said, you have WAY too much stuff on your phone for it to be able to run optimally. The first thing I would delete is app world, it is definitely a hog. Also, you have repeats of stuff (like Bolt and Opera) that you could try to narrow down to one. See what of all of that you honestly really use and get rid of the rest of it and your phone should run a lot smoother.
    Last edited by cdowner; 03-16-10 at 08:55 AM.
    03-16-10 08:53 AM
    Yes, you have a ton of apps. After you reduce it to a more realistic number of apps, you may not see the memory gains you are expecting. Have you tried a security wipe? I have reclaimed ram and stabilized my Storm 1 by doing a security wipe of personal data only (NOT wiping third party apps). Sounds like it should not make a difference, but I did for me. I went from 17mb to 29mb on bootup, and my bootup RAM has been stable for about 3 weeks.

More info:
    How To: Reclaim Some RAM For Your BlackBerry Storm
    03-16-10 07:43 PM
    Get storm2 if u like a lot of apps I usually average in around 110.9 MB after battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-10 10:09 PM
    And you should wipe your browser cache on a regular basis, delete appworld and install it only when you need it.
    Also, go into your device memory and delete any archive copies of app downloaded from appworld.
    If you are not sure on how to do this stuff, search the forums.
    There is a lot of good and helpful info in previous threads.
    03-16-10 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD