currently i have 16.7MB of app memory is this normal or low?
    if it is low what can affect this? i have "normal" 3rd party apps Downloaded and have the out of the box theme
    05-23-09 06:54 PM
    Unless it starts to negatively affect how well your phone operates, don't worry about it.
    05-23-09 07:02 PM
    Unless it starts to negatively affect how well your phone operates, don't worry about it.
    Ok thanks!!
    05-23-09 07:03 PM
    If you would like tips on how to better optimize the device's app memory... check out the How-To subform here in the Storm forum. There are a couple of really good threads there about how to optimize your memory and your battery life. There is some good reading in the How-To section.
    05-23-09 07:04 PM
    Note the available app memory, do a battery pull, then check available memory again. If there is significant difference, then 16.7Mb is not "normal" for your set of applications and OS version and something is "leaking" memory.

If there is a huge difference, look in the how-to as suggested to find which app is "leaking".
    05-23-09 07:10 PM
    05-23-09 07:39 PM
    Below 20 i would say is low... Like stated above try a battery pull and see where it takes you tooo
    05-24-09 12:40 AM
    my battery pull took mine from 18 to 30. should i be concerned of anything. sorry first post, new to storm/blackberry. So I guess this is my welcome post.
    05-24-09 02:01 AM
    my battery pull took mine from 18 to 30. should i be concerned of anything. sorry first post, new to storm/blackberry. So I guess this is my welcome post.
    I think you should only be worried if the amount of free app memory you have is effecting the controls of the handset. I've been down to 10 before now but my phone didnt seem to have any effect by this. Now im pumping out at 58mb but this is because i have a very short app list because the phone is basically used for email and browsing.
    05-24-09 02:20 AM
    Welcome to Blackberry and Crackberry... and the same thing with me i just deleted some apps and themes and now im at like 35ish stady
    05-24-09 10:31 AM
    So I've had my storm for about a week and am really happy with the speed.. I don't understand why even complains. Am I missing something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 11:31 AM
    So I've had my storm for about a week and am really happy with the speed.. I don't understand why even complains. Am I missing something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No-- you're not missing anything. Some folks are just obsessed with their app memory and are checking it every 5 minutes. As long as your device is running well, don't worry about it.
    05-24-09 11:40 AM
    No-- you're not missing anything. Some folks are just obsessed with their app memory and are checking it every 5 minutes. As long as your device is running well, don't worry about it.
    I strongly agree, however I do check app memory twice a day still. Heaven knows why!
    05-24-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD