I was wondering if there is an app out there at can tell you whether or not a number in your contacts is IN or not. In my case, it would be verizon. I know verizon has a page on their site that lets you input a few numbers at a time, which is useful, but it would just be really convenient i guess if there was an app that did this straight from your contacts.

If this is a crazy idea that somehow wouldn't work (too many lookups?), then i'm sorry to waste your time

thanks!
    07-08-09 07:22 PM
    i have no idea if there is one, i haven't heard of one, but hopefully someone will have a more solid answer for you
    07-08-09 09:24 PM
    You could use Poynt .... if you go to the number and use the reverse lookup option it tells you what carrier they are on (Poynt is free in App World)
    07-10-09 10:51 PM
    This is actually on Verizon's website. I am on my berry right now so I can't post a link, but I know it has been posted in the Verizon section of the forum. It is a simple form. Enter the number and it will tell you if it IN or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 11:18 PM
    Sorry, I didn't read all of the OPs post before I posted. I know that the site is accessable from the berry so you can look them up. I usually just tag my contacts as I add them.

07-10-09 11:25 PM
    You can also do this from the MyVerizon app. The feature in the app that you want to look at is Mobile to Mobile.

07-11-09 01:26 AM
    Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up just bookmarking the page on verizon's site. I was hoping there might be an easier way that lets you scroll through your contacts or something, but no biggie. And i still have to try the My Verizon method.

side note: I picked up a Tour on Sunday (my first blackberry) and i love it!
    07-15-09 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD