Okay I wiped my Berry today with hopes of installing a new hybrid. Problem is App Loader doesn't recognize my device. BBSAK shows my PIN, but when I go to load OS and enter the App Loader, its like nothing's there. DM also won't recognize it. The weird part is DM recognizes my wife's phone, just not mine. I've searched crackberry and google but have not come up with a solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
    05-04-11 05:10 PM
    I was able to "load the OS" by installing all my saved cods to the wiped Berry. App Loader still won't recognize it though. I had a serious memory leak before so that's why I was switching OS's.
    05-04-11 05:13 PM
    Please perform a battery pull and restart your computer. This happens to many people here.
    Report back if nothing changes in your situation, so we'll have to go through some other possible options.
    05-04-11 05:19 PM
    Thanks for your response. I have done both. Still no go.
    05-04-11 06:08 PM
    Thanks for your response. I have done both. Still no go.
    Make sure you have no other OSs on your computer installed and if you do you also need to delete them.
    05-04-11 06:20 PM
    Make sure you have no other OSs on your computer installed and if you do you also need to delete them.
    Thanks but I did this as well. I deleted all OS's first and started from scratch.
    05-04-11 06:29 PM
    Thanks but I did this as well. I deleted all OS's first and started from scratch.
    Are you using the app loader from within the RIM-Blackbeery folder?
    If you are there is no reason it should not work but you did say you have now reinstalled the OS right? Does your DM now recognize your BB?
    05-04-11 06:36 PM
    Are you using the app loader from within the RIM-Blackbeery folder?
    If you are there is no reason it should not work but you did say you have now reinstalled the OS right? Does your DM now recognize your BB?
    Originally, DM was not recognizing it. It recognized my wife's phone but not mine. But after a battery pull and PC restart, DM is recognizing my phone. I'm trying to get to App Loader through BBSAK. That's really the only way I know how to do this hybrid thing. Maybe I'll try through DM. Are there any special steps?
    05-04-11 06:39 PM
    Originally, DM was not recognizing it. It recognized my wife's phone but not mine. But after a battery pull and PC restart, DM is recognizing my phone. I'm trying to get to App Loader through BBSAK. That's really the only way I know how to do this hybrid thing. Maybe I'll try through DM. Are there any special steps?
    NO you just need to to to the RIM folder on your computer and just use the app loader there, Just make sure you delete the carrier file you are on which might be another reason that the app loader you used did not work but if you use the one RIM has and delete the carrier file it should work just fine. Let us know.
    Jaji_vzw8330 likes this.
    05-04-11 06:59 PM
    Well I got the hybrid loaded through the RIM folder's App Loader. The process was a little different but its definitely the right OS. I just like consistency. Makes me feel a little more comfortable.

Thanks for all your help. Still don't know why my device isn't recognized the other way but in the end I got the desired results. Thanks again!
    05-04-11 07:31 PM
    Run SM or apploader as an Administrator... It worked for me...
    10-30-11 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD