Is there an app for the Storm 2 that makes the home screen active (lit) when an email, text or BBM arrives? The red light blinks but it would be nice of the screen would light up as well. I seem to remember there was some app like this a couple years ago but can't find it now.
    07-04-10 01:49 PM
    Yep. It's a free app called BBLight. The OTA is HERE.

Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 02:11 PM
    It will do email and sms but not BBM. I use it for something different: to keep the screen light always on while charging so I can mount it to my dash while driving and see the screen at all times.

It's a pretty cool little app.

07-04-10 02:15 PM
    07-04-10 02:16 PM
    Thank you! I can only get options on the portrait screen and it looks like there are more options to set but I can't access them. I have all the settings on "allow"............do I need to set something else to use it in landscape mode and set other settings?
    07-04-10 02:40 PM
    Leave It On is a great app that does many thing in addition to lighting the screen.
    B B

07-05-10 02:26 AM
    I was also going to recommend Leave It On; one of The best apps I've seen.
    PhoneTweak by Swoosh also has an option to turn the screen on when you get an email or an sms, and also to open the message app. I mainly use phone tweak to schedule my radio to turn off at night, but not my entire BlackBerry (so the calendar alarm still works).
    But like others have said, LIO is a must-have.

07-05-10 12:24 PM
    BerryPopup is good too. I had it on my 9530 and I still use it now on my 9700. It puts emails/messages in a popup window (with contact display pictures if available) and lights up your screen on arrival (can be toggled).

Works great!

07-05-10 09:40 PM
    BPU works great.
    07-06-10 06:28 AM
    I agree with BerryPopup. It shows a popup message on the screen and will take you directly to the messaging app to view or reply. It can also be set to only work with certain email accounts. It will also light up the screen when a message comes in. It runs flawless on my 9700.
    07-06-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD