We went to the verizon zone this weekend for my fianc�s phone and the salesman there said that he has an app for his Droid called appkiller and it closes any and all apps that you have open.

Does anybody know if this app is available to download for the curve?

It would be so much simpler since closing them out 1 by 1 is a p.I.t.a whenever I forget to close them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 10:43 AM
    Other than a battery pull, the best app killer is you. Menu>close when ever your done. Once you get in the habit, it's second nature. Plus you will see your battery life extend.

Sorry thats not the answer you wanted to hear. I did not do a extensive search, but in searching for app killer and app closers I could not find anything.
    Last edited by RWWackoStu; 04-13-10 at 11:55 AM.
    04-13-10 10:55 AM
    This would be a godsend of an app and even moreso if it were free.

04-13-10 10:55 AM
    I've searched for app closer or app killer for BlackBerry phones, but I didn't find anything.

04-13-10 11:45 AM
    This would be a godsend of an app and even moreso if it were free.

Haha that's why I asked if anyone ever came across one that can be downloaded!

04-13-10 02:59 PM
    As much as it sounds like a good idea, what if you didn't want to close the app you were using? It would close anyways and you would lose whatever you were working on.

04-13-10 08:16 PM
    Doesn't really seem like that good of an idea... say an app is in the middle of writing to the file system.
    04-13-10 08:19 PM
    Doesn't really seem like that good of an idea... say an app is in the middle of writing to the file system.
    If the app was properly written, this should never happen. But then, how we would we know until it was too late? Catch-22
    04-13-10 08:41 PM
    Well its more of a thing for when your not working on writing anything or doing any apps. It was just a backup to close everything so you didn't drain your battery. Or at least that was my understanding from the guy at the verizon wireless zone. His Droid has it so it can't be that bad of an app but I guess it was already installed when he bought his.

04-14-10 02:56 PM
    Instead of doing menu close, " * " + "back button"(to right/left of trackpad/trackball) also fully exits/closes the program that you have running.
    04-14-10 03:19 PM
    How can I tell what's running in the background, I know there's a place on the BB somewhere.

10-11-10 01:51 AM
    How can I tell what's running in the background, I know there's a place on the BB somewhere.

If you're running OS6 you can search for Application then under options you'll find Application management for a detailed look or you can press and hold menu to see what's running.

If you're running OS5 or older you can press and hold the menu button. I'm not sure if you can see details the way you can on OS6. Never found anything like that on my 9000.
    10-11-10 05:39 AM
    A Appkiller seems like a simple solution to closing applications running, but like many said what if you wish for the app to not close. But in some cases is a faster way to close apps that people may have running and wish not to go into every application they have left open. Either way I doubt Blackberry will ever have a App Killer like Andriod powered phones have.
    10-11-10 08:21 AM
    We went to the verizon zone this weekend for my fianc�s phone and the salesman there said that he has an app for his Droid called appkiller and it closes any and all apps that you have open.
    if the salesman knew anything about his droid, he'd know that it's not the best idea to use those appkiller apps. they do more 'harm' than good
    10-11-10 08:48 AM
    There is an app for bb called TaskManager and it shows you what's running. It also gives the option to close any of those apps.
    10-11-10 09:31 AM
    it does cost money for that TaskManager. if you're somewhat technically inclined, you can always unlock the Engineering Screen Contents hidden screen. It allows you to scrub memory .. & close running tasks manually. it has a ton more super advanced options. and yes, you can jack up your phone if you toy with the wrong settings, but otherwise, it can be very handy in certain situations
    10-11-10 11:36 AM
    There is clearly some confusion about how app killers work. It doesn't simply close EVERY app unless you tell it to, it gives you the option of closing individual apps as well, which is incredibly helpful when apps become unresponsive. Also, I used an app killer with my Galaxy S for 2 years with no problems whatsoever. IMO a good app killer is a must have.
    03-05-13 10:17 AM
    I think you should read about App error, before installing new app. I got good information about installation of new app on our blackberry phone from Apperror523.com. just take look of thing to remember of it.
    03-06-13 12:58 AM
    with app killers you can SELECT which apps are going to be closed, so it wouldn't cause errors. and so much easier rather than going into each one and clicking close. i mean, that sounds lazy haha, and i do it most times, but sometimes you're in a rush and you forget and then BAM battery's gone
    03-07-13 05:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD