Does any one know of an app or a way that would let me copy pictures straight from a Nikon DSLR to my BB without having to put a laptop between the two?
    04-05-09 03:05 PM
    What type of memory card does that camera use?
    04-05-09 03:28 PM
    That's impossible since neither dslr nor bb can act as USB host
    Don't know about you nikon guys, canon offers a grip for xxD series that can act as USB host and so allows you to transfer photos without any need for external applications. The only downside is that it costs about the same as the camera itself.
    04-05-09 03:35 PM
    Here is the solution:

04-05-09 03:44 PM
    What type of memory card does that camera use?
    SD

That's impossible since neither dslr nor bb can act as USB host
    Don't know about you nikon guys, canon offers a grip for xxD series that can act as USB host and so allows you to transfer photos without any need for external applications. The only downside is that it costs about the same as the camera itself.
    :-(

I know one of the high end Nikon's has BlueTooth, would be awesome if you could get an add-on that plugs into the USB port on the lower end camera's.
    04-05-09 03:46 PM
    Here is the solution:

Good thought, that would work. Only problem is I think my camera requires a class 4 or better SD card. Do they have microSD at those speeds yet?
    04-05-09 03:48 PM
    what kind of cam? i had a d40x and it worked fine o_O
    04-05-09 03:54 PM
    what kind of cam? i had a d40x and it worked fine o_O
    Mine's a d40. I must have dreamed up the class 4 requirement because I can't find anything that says that's true.

Might have to grab that 6gb microSD that's for sale on Amazon and move the 8gb that came with my Storm to the camera.
    04-05-09 04:04 PM
    Glad to see fellow D40'ers on here. Anybody try out the D90?
    04-05-09 05:33 PM
    Mine's a d40. I must have dreamed up the class 4 requirement because I can't find anything that says that's true.

Might have to grab that 6gb microSD that's for sale on Amazon and move the 8gb that came with my Storm to the camera.
    While my suggestion of using a microSD card with adapter in your camera will work, you will lose write performance in your camera, as compared to a high end SD card. So you might want to keep your regular SD card with you.
    04-05-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD