I bet this would be a pretty basic app for someone who knows the way around the BB apps.

I would like an app that I could pass information about how my Blackberry should be adjusted when I am in or around certain areas, and how it should act outside those areas.

Location would be based on GPS locations, and some buffer around a position which would be adjustable.

Say I go to work, where my phone ringing is not wanted, so the profile would change to "Off". Then when I leave for lunch the profile is changed to "Normal". And if I go to the construction site I monitor, the phone can be set to "Loud".

That would be the basic app. But it could be expanded easily in many different ways.
    10-04-09 12:55 AM
    Great Idea For an app.. Not to sure of how realistic it would be and it will drain the **** outta your battery.
    10-04-09 08:29 AM
    A "Location Profiler" :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/loc...cussion-176569

by Toysoft
    10-04-09 08:50 AM
    Humm.

I can't imagine that the on-board GPS is such a power hog, I think it is the screen display of the apps using the GPS.

Location Profiler seems pretty crude for a non-free app. If it were based on GPS rather than towers, it would be a much more useful and accurate device.
    10-06-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD