white screen & app error 606.

when i hit "reset" it attempts to reboot, but comes up with the same screen.
    i have already tried taking out the battery.
    nothing helps.
    I can't get passed that screen, my phone is completely useless right now.

ALSO:
    the desktop manager won't connect to my phone.
    i updated to the newest DM software, and it still won't connect.

the people at AT&T didn't help much either.
    they told me to reinstall the update for the phone, but i can't do that if it won't connect in DM.

i have a MAC running OS X ver 10.5.8

please help.
    07-18-11 02:28 PM
    try starting in safe mode , take battery out then replace as soon as see red led light press and hold down the back button till go all the way thru reboot should come with someabout using safe mod click safe mode . did dl new app or theme that could have been corrupted?
    07-18-11 02:51 PM
    i didn't download anything.
    and i haven't downloaded anything recently.

i was texting someone and my phone just shut off and came up with that screen.

my phone was running very slow for a while before this happened.
    07-18-11 02:59 PM
    This is unacceptable. A device so expensive and high-end cannot simply die on a user for no reason, especially one who needs the phone to be alive and available in order to make money. I have lost 3 business opportunities because my brand-new Blackberry is dead. At least my old Windows Mobile would be just fine after a reboot, but this thing is totally dead, broken, useless. A brick in my pocket and a month into a 2 year contract! And what's worse: RIM's support is non-existent unless you pay a $50 fee! Absurd! All other phone manufacturers have free support available to their customers though a hotline or email.
    08-24-11 08:34 AM
    try starting in safe mode , take battery out then replace as soon as see red led light press and hold down the back button till go all the way thru reboot should come with someabout using safe mod click safe mode . did dl new app or theme that could have been corrupted?
    I am having the exact same issue with a Bold 9780. Tried what you said. Once the BB loads it says I'm in safe mode but won't let me click OK or Reset or help without bringing up "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointer Exception" with an OK button which only appears for 3/4 of a second then brings up the error 606. Can't connect using Desktop Manager. Can't load/unload recently installed applications as the blackberry doesn't seem to connect properly to my laptop. I'm using Windows 7 pro.
    01-07-13 10:07 AM
    This may require further assistance from BlackBerry support services after you have tried all of the recommended actions to no avail.
    Make sure you call your carrier and have your issue escalated to BlackBerry Support.
    The service is free if you escalate the issue via your carrier as opposed to calling them directly.
    If BlackBerry Support cannot assist you, make sure you get a support ticket # from them and follow through with follow-ups.
    KB23954-"App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone
    I think the bottom line is that you will have to reload the OS.
    Here is a guide...
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    HTH
    01-07-13 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD