Dear all,

I have a 3 week old bb Bold 9780. While restarting this morning I got an error. The screen turns white and says "App Error 602" All I can do is restart the device. I tried reloading older backups from my Mac but this doesn't help. Latest software is installed on the device.... I went back to the store and they suggest shipping it to RIM, this means that I gotta live without it for 6 weeks....

Anyone else have any other options??

Thanks in advance!
    01-12-11 05:37 AM
    Clarification. 602 or 502? Either is bad, but I have never heard of the 602 before.
    01-12-11 06:33 AM
    602....did the following but nothing helps...

KB23950-App Error 602 appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
    01-12-11 06:38 AM
    why don't you reload the original OS?
    01-12-11 07:01 AM
    Tried reloading but this was not possible, I keep on getting errors... Last one was a fatal error concerning the mediacard and then it got back to the 602 error. Just went back to the store and they shipped it back to RIM, can take up to six weeks! Really annoying for such an expensive device.
    01-12-11 07:58 AM
    Its clearly mentioned that you have dump your phone and reload OS.

1. Nuke your phone using BBSAK
    2. Reload OS using loader.exe

This will definately solve the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 09:40 AM
    I tried, but I'm not as handy with phones as most of you! To bad the guy in the store didn't now before sending the device back..
    01-12-11 10:23 AM
    If your BB was only 3 weeks old they should give you a new one! It is ridiculous that they leave you with nothing while it is being sent off for repair.

Did you buy it new from the dealer? They should take better care of it's customers.
    01-12-11 11:09 AM
    Yes, I got it when renewing my contract at the official store of my telecom provider. The guy told me straight away they only do exchanges within the first 8 days after purchase (normal here in the Netherlands). However he thought that RIM was most likely to replace the device by a new one, too bad I gotta wait for 6 weeks
    01-12-11 03:15 PM
    I had the same error on my BB torch. I installed BBSak and BB OS 6 Beeline on a windows computer. First I removed everything from the phone by clicking Erase phone in BBsak. Afterwards I re�nstalled the os (after installing it on my computer) with BBsak. First it did one weird startup, but now it runs like it came out the box. It took me 30'

download bbsak at bbsak.org
    download the your OS at blackberry.com (check other posts for exact links)

You will need a windows pc, bbsak does not work on MAC which has a far more difficult procedure to link with external devices. This allows BBsak to link with your bb even when it is not in 'linked mode'.
    02-12-11 06:36 AM
    is it a OS specific error or corruption ?

I got the error with .480 2 times

I wiped the device, still came back
    never had it with .359
    03-22-11 07:54 AM
    I had the exact same error on my 9780 and it turns out it was a corrupt application the Font collection app to be exact and I fixed it bye connecting my phone to the blackberry desktop software and just deleting the app and now everything is perfectly fine besides the fact that my heart almost stopped when i got the error message haha
    ThaDonn likes this.
    04-06-11 12:25 AM
    Just had this error on my 9650, when switching back from a 3rd party theme to the default.
    ThaDonn likes this.
    06-23-11 04:49 PM
    I had the exact same error on my 9780 and it turns out it was a corrupt application the Font collection app to be exact and I fixed it bye connecting my phone to the blackberry desktop software and just deleting the app and now everything is perfectly fine besides the fact that my heart almost stopped when i got the error message haha

and what app was that?
    09-05-11 09:59 PM
    and you still get it?cause that's exactly what happens with my 9780
    that was quoting pcgizmo about the theme change
    kccman likes this.
    09-05-11 09:59 PM
    and what app was that?
    Font Collection app and I've had it happen with a couple themes I downloaded but I just did the same steps each time and deleted the files and everything has gone back to normal
    09-07-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD