I keep getting "app error 576", usually after using the internet browser. Anyone know what this is and how I can fix or work around it? Or even if there is a way to make the thing auto reset on the error instead of sitting in the holster all day at the white "reset" screen.

8830WE, Verizon

Thanks
    05-07-08 07:00 PM
    Have you tried pulling the battery with the phone on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-08 07:45 PM
    Yeah, that would be my suggestion as well. Try a battery pull, maybe something funky is in the memory that's screwing it up.
    05-07-08 10:37 PM
    I have tried pulling the battery while the phone is on a few times. I've been getting the error for a while, on two separate phones.
    05-08-08 02:03 PM
    Try resending the Service Books and re-registering the Host Routing Table, then do a battery pull and give it a try.
    05-08-08 05:02 PM
    Try resending the Service Books and re-registering the Host Routing Table, then do a battery pull and give it a try.
    What do you mean by "resending the service book"?
    05-31-08 03:44 PM
    After going through my IT policy and manually checking each entry, it turns out that Disable Persisted Plain Text (under Security policy group) is the culprit. We had ours set to True. After setting it to False/Default, the errors went away. Makes sense now that I think about it... I've only tested this on my 8700.
    11-13-08 08:00 AM
    The exact same issue is happening with the AT&T Curve. I set the rule to False and it now works. It did take a few resets and in some cases I had to wipe the handheld and do an Enterprise Activation again.
    12-18-08 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD