on my blackberry curve 8250 i have a message on the screen that says app error 523 i found soulutions to the problem but they dont work.

the blackberry wont connect to the desktop software even though it has full battery it also wont let me up date the black berry.

i used the app loader to delete third party apps but i still get the same message.

i can provide screen shots if anybody wants to see the problem.

does anybody know any other soulutions to this problem?

PS sorry if this is in the wrong section

thanks
    10-27-10 09:43 AM
    There is only one way to recover it after it has failed, rebuild the OS software.

The first thing to check is your installed software. Use Windows Control Panel / Programs to verify both BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry device OS software are in the list of installed programs. If device software is missing, download and install a copy from your carrier.

The next issue is establishing a connection. Applications Loader is the most reliable way to connect, but sometimes it fails. A trick reported by several members is:

1. Remove the battery.
    2. Connect the device
    3. Start Applications Loader.

When it reaches the Connect screen, install the battery and watch the Connect button. If it goes active for a moment, repeat the process and be ready to click the mouse on the Connect button while it is active.

The timing is critical, you may have to repeat it a couple times.

Good luck.
    10-27-10 10:41 AM
    App Error 523 is a software hiccup usually caused by a 3rd-party application that is not compatible with the BlackBerry device OS.

what you can do is boot into safe mode, and uninstall the app that is causing the issue. to boot into safe mode, remove and replace the battery. then, while the red led is illuminated, press and hold the "return" button (the reverse arrow) during the boot-up. remember to hold the button down for the whole duration of the boot up. if you did it correctly, you will see a popup stating that you are now in safe mode.

safe mode is ery similar to safe mode in windows. it boots the phone without loading any 3rd party apps. makes for easy troubleshooting.
    10-27-10 10:58 AM
    safe mode wont work i remove an reinsert the battery i hold the return button when the light comes and keep it held in then i get a white screen with a clock then the vodafone logo then the app error message

where can i download BlackBerry device OS?
    Last edited by markkirsop; 10-27-10 at 04:36 PM.
    10-27-10 04:27 PM
    10-27-10 08:57 PM
    From the desktop manager. (Disc that came with your BB).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-10 09:50 PM
    The CD only includes the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The Device OS software is different and updated too frequently to justifying putting it on a CD that will be used by multiple carriers.
    10-28-10 01:40 PM
    My friend had the app error 523 happen to him on his Curve 8520. All I did was
    download the OS on my PC and load the OS onto the phone through the Loader.exe
    file that you find in the OS's folder. Didn't use desktop manager at all.

I believe after you download it the pathway is the C drive Program Files>Common files>
    Research In Motion and you'll see the folder for the OS in there. Someone please correct
    me if I'm wrong with the pathway.

By the way, when you connect the phone to your PC when you open the Loader, connect it
    and take the battery out while it's on so it reboots while connected. This was the Loader
    picks up the phone. And when you get to the option to backup/restore info from the phone,
    choose not to. Otherwise it gets stuck and you have to do it all over again. Hopefully you
    have a previous backup that you can restore after you load the OS again.
    Last edited by The_Undertaker_; 10-28-10 at 02:04 PM.
    10-28-10 01:58 PM
    hi guys,

im not a technology fundi. i see you have posted something about the OS. Kindly expalin what is the OS and how do i get to it.

thank you
    Wandizi
    Last edited by wandizi; 11-11-13 at 03:18 AM. Reason: SPELL CHECK
    11-11-13 03:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD