I've been using BeejiveIM (a multi-IM client) and I love it! Starting yesterday, whenever I try to log into my buddy lists, it doesnt work. My whole screen goes white and says in tiny letters "App Error 523" and there's a reset button which is my only option.

Does anyone know how this error is happening, or what I can do to fix it?
    Please help, Thanks.
    09-24-09 03:17 PM
    You are going to have to delete the app, and reinstall it. Have you upgraded your OS?
    09-24-09 05:31 PM
    You are going to have to delete the app, and reinstall it. Have you upgraded your OS?
    Thanks.
    No, I'm still using the original OS that came on it when I bought it 3 weeks ago. Do you think I should upgrade? I have no idea how.
    09-24-09 05:38 PM
    Thanks.
    No, I'm still using the original OS that came on it when I bought it 3 weeks ago. Do you think I should upgrade? I have no idea how.
    No just asking if you upgraded becuase some apps do not work with the new leaked 5.0 OS.
    09-24-09 05:51 PM
    No just asking if you upgraded becuase some apps do not work with the new leaked 5.0 OS.
    Ah ok. Well I reinstalled the app, and it seems to be working ok now. Is 523 a common error or something?
    09-24-09 06:10 PM
    its an error that comes when there is some curropt data in an app tht isnt safe for the phone. it happens when something goes wrong or is off when downloading the app. but deleting and reinstalling alomost always fix's the issue
    09-24-09 07:25 PM
    its an error that comes when there is some curropt data in an app tht isnt safe for the phone. it happens when something goes wrong or is off when downloading the app. but deleting and reinstalling alomost always fix's the issue
    Thanks so much!
    09-24-09 07:41 PM
    First off, hard reset, still got the error 523 or the (white screen of death)!

Turned off the mobile network (Manage Connections/Turn All Connections Off), Was able to save all my data doing this , once Connections were turned back on! Error 523!!!

Reinstalled the OP system, <Blackberry white screen of death>

Reinstalled the OP system a 2nd time, no improvement,

Called an talked to customer no service, actually got a Blackberry Expert, who advised me to about crackberry forum, ext...

This is the fix that worked for me.

ok, here is my fix with help from customer care, i hope it works for those whom have the same problem I did...

1. Hard reset
    2. Quickly - Manage Connections/Turn All Connections Off
    3. Back up your data
    4. While holding down <alt> type LGLG you will enter (Event Log Information)
    5. Press the blackberry key or the wheel
    6. Clear log

This clears the application error log that was making my phone inporable.

Hope this help.
    01-21-10 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD