I have a black BlackBerry Pearl 8100. It's from the T-Mobile network but unlocked to Rogers - I bought it on craigslist. I am running on the latest OS update.

Anyways, I downloaded an app several months ago (ActionPad) but it doesn't work AT ALL. I can't delete it from my Desktop Manager or AppLoader - it detects the app, but won't allow me to delete it.

On top of this, I am now receiving the App 523 error. I have tried many solutions that I have found but none of them work. I am now running AppLoader to do a complete backup and restore of my phone, and it goes through the process, but it has been stuck at "Connecting to Device" for several minutes, maybe over 15.

Someone help meeeeee!
    09-08-09 03:34 PM
    App Error 523 is a critical OS error. Per Crucial-eXtreme's list and my experience, the only reliable solution is to reinstall your OS. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/appl...s-list-211519/
    09-08-09 03:44 PM
    I'm trying to reinstall my OS but my device won't connect to the apploader / desktop manager ...
    09-08-09 07:01 PM
    you try the crackmem app? sorry no link on me...
    09-08-09 07:12 PM
    CrackMem won't help if you can't connect to DM or the App Loader. Try running the App Loader application independently of DM. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe
    09-08-09 07:21 PM
    I have tried to run the AppLoader independently. I managed to make it to the part where it starts to install updates ..but it basically crashes at Task 3 of 4 where it says "connecting to device"

here is a screenshot of what it gives me:
    lh6.ggpht.com/_5pReTeC5W1E/SqcRwW0d1xI/AAAAAAAAAXI/VzyPYroCNpg/s720/bbfail.jpg

(crackberry isn't letting me post links, so just add the http before the above line)

It's been stuck on this screen for over an hour.
    09-08-09 09:27 PM
    Does the fact that it's a T-Mobile phone unlocked to Rogers make any difference?
    09-08-09 09:28 PM
    Being unlocked won't cause the problem you are having. If you can't find it with the App Loader, you may have no choice but to perform the "How to Recover a Dead BlackBerry" procedure that you can find under BlackBerry Help and in the BlackBerry 101 series.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 09:32 PM
    Okay, I will try that. Thanks!
    09-08-09 09:44 PM
    Being unlocked won't cause the problem you are having. If you can't find it with the App Loader, you may have no choice but to perform the "How to Recover a Dead BlackBerry" procedure that you can find under BlackBerry Help and in the BlackBerry 101 series.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did the "How to Recover a Dead Blackberry" and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
    09-09-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD