One of my earlier themes created with the first buggy version of plazmic 4.7 was downloaded by someone today and caused an app error 522. Its locked his phone up. The whole screen is white, and he has done several battery pulls. He is running .151 version

This theme has been download numerous times before without any issues. Could it be the .151 version? Should I take it down?

Do you know of a fix so I can assist him? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    08-22-09 10:53 AM
    to be honest, if you have tried battery pulls ands its still on the white screen of death then you might have to reload the OS.

Heres a link with the information on how to do it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/in...source-213706/

have you tried plugging it into desktop manager? Might be able to remove the theme via DM if it will be recognized by it.
    Last edited by paulwright1; 08-22-09 at 11:53 AM.
    08-22-09 11:49 AM
    Tip 9 (from Edrallis) Starting up in Safe Mode Advanced Topic!!!

A good trick if a 3rd part application bugs such as Patternlock or Stormslider and they keep your phone locked is running your storm in safe mode to bypass the applications.
    To run your storm in safe mode you initiate a battery pull and when the led light stops shining red hold down the escape key until the storm is done rebooting. Than a message will appear saying that you are in safe mode. Click "Ok" and continue use with your Storm. To exit Safe Mode initiate another battery pull and this time do not hold onto the escape key.

Added by PK - This is especially useful when a start up App is causing problems on your Device!
    you could try this also before you reload the os
    08-22-09 11:51 AM
    Does your theme use the default fonts? Only the defaults will work with .151.

Has he tried starting the phone in safe mode? That may allow him to boot up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 11:54 AM
    Use this if the phone is tanked: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

It's pretty easy, just follow step by step to get it back up. You might have to install an official os before you can upgrade to a leaked one again though.
    08-22-09 12:18 PM
    Try connecting to the PC and open desktop manager. You should be able to get into Application loader and remove the theme. If that fails then a wipe of the OS is the only fix.
    08-22-09 01:09 PM
    I wanted to say thanks to Jennifer for the quick response on resolving my problem. Thanks to everyone for the responses on how to do a safe mode boot. It made it work! I know better now then to download a new theme with the .151 version.
    08-22-09 03:41 PM
    glad to hear you got it working again. Now you know how to fix it for next time.
    08-22-09 03:54 PM
    151 is a GREAT OS, HOWEVER it does not work well with themes. Most of us just don't use themes. But if he really wants to use the theme he needs to get back on 148, OR try 5.0, but I will wearn 5.0 has MANY issues too, many bugs and it does not get along with many 3rd Party Apps. It's good with themes thou.
    08-22-09 04:09 PM
    151 is a GREAT OS, HOWEVER it does not work well with themes. Most of us just don't use themes. But if he really wants to use the theme he needs to get back on 148, OR try 5.0, but I will wearn 5.0 has MANY issues too, many bugs and it does not get along with many 3rd Party Apps. It's good with themes thou.
    I think you meant its NOT good with themes.
    08-22-09 04:40 PM
    Yep... I knew what he meant..
    08-22-09 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD