Wondering if anyone can give me a hand with this...because it's driving me nuts!

Every night my Pearl goes to a page that says "app error 522" and gives me the option to "reset" the phone...which is a problem because my alarm doesn't go off in the morning.

Anyone have ANY idea how to fix this? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    05-21-08 09:39 AM
    Welcome to CB. Usually means there is an app causing this. If you can figure out which one it is and remove it, it should solve the problem. If you can't figure out which app is causing the error, then you may have to wipe the device and start over.
    05-21-08 10:00 AM
    sunkast is, as usual, correct. Here is the, rather confusing, text from RIM on this error.

522 - Interlaced synchronization: A thread acquired two locks on objects in an order that doesn't match the order in which a lock on the two types were previously acquired. This indicates a future potential deadlock situation and is reported. The check is only available in the simulator under the control of the JvmDebugLocks application switch.

You need to find the errant App and remove it.
    05-21-08 10:23 AM
    Thanks guys - this is really bizarre because pretty well all ive done since i bought the phone is make calls and text.

Any idea how i would go about finding out whats causing the issue? (I'm totally clueless).
    05-21-08 11:11 AM
    If you bought it new, take it back. If you can't do that, then we need to start looking at what's in your phone. Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and type up a list of what's in there and post it here. tedious to be sure but we can then get some ide of what is goin on. Also look in Options, Status and note the File Free number. This is in bytes so divide by 1 million to get te Mb of which you need a minimum of 12 for safe running.

Get back here when you can.
    05-21-08 05:15 PM
    I have to say, I REALLY appreciate your help on this. If I could virtually buy you a drink, I would.

Applications:
    BlackBerry 4.3 Core Application Properties
    Semitic Characters and Font Support Properties
    BlackBerry 4.3 System Software Properties
    BlackBerry Attachment Service Properties
    BlackBerry Maps
    BlackBerry Messenger
    BlackBerry Sample Video
    BrickBreaker
    Browser
    Help
    MemoPad
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    TTY Support
    Tasks

The File Free number may be an issue - looks like I only have 4.4. I really dont have much on my phone though and I have a 2GB memory card... any idea how I free up space?

Thanks again!
    06-03-08 03:40 PM
    I got this error every day or 2
    I did 2 blackberry wipes, wiped all third party software and I still had this error

After 5 hours with t-mobile and RIM helpdesk if is a "conflict error with some standard settings"
    if content Compression is ON (Options � security � general � content protection)
    AND
    You use the Today Theme (Options � theme)
    Then you will have this issue

That was not my case so I spent a lot of time on hold while they looked it up

They now recommend the phone itself is defective and needs to be repaired or replaced
    01-23-09 10:04 PM
    I have tried EVERYTHING, I've wiped the damn thing, I've connected and reconnected, I've done Device Manager, and I've done manual via the program file log to try and "update" my OS on my GD phone that got bricked after I updated the BBM software.

Now, my phone will connect properly and all that jazz but I get a stupid "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists." Which is GD bull **** since I am always on the internet...there is no lack of internet connection while attempting anything on either computer.

I have tried the same thing, on two different computers and I can't figure out why it's giving me the error EVEN though, I am in fact, on the internet.

Someone please help before I go postal and kill someone. RIM should be shot in the street for this crap!
    10-20-10 10:16 PM
    I usually get this error if my phone has been on for 12+ hours, it's quite annoying.
    10-24-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD