Hopefully someone can help me -- I'm having a major freak out right now.

When I did the BB update today, my OS completely crashed. I've read on a bunch of forums that they call this App Error 205 Reset screen -- the screen of death. I have tried to perform all of the different fixes suggested including the BB 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BB. but that was written back in Dec 2007 -- so I don't know if anything has changed.

Unfortunatly, nothing is working and when something looks like its going to work, I'm getting a message on the Desktop Manager stating that it does not have the software needed for my device.

Another time I rec'd a message stating that a fatal error had occurred while trying to update my software. This is so very bad....

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
    11-24-09 11:42 PM
    Blackberry 101 is update if it should change. But its the same concept and it works. Give it a try.
    11-24-09 11:56 PM
    Blackberry 101 is update if it should change. But its the same concept and it works. Give it a try.
    Unfortunatly, I tried the BB 101 -- I spent actually about 4 hours with it... didn't work.

Any other suggestions? I really don't want to deal with Verizon and get a whole new phone.
    11-25-09 12:55 AM
    Just reload the OS (either 4.7 or 5.0 whichever you prefer). Follow the steps & you'll be all good. That error has happened to me numerous times when I had 4.7 but since I upgraded to 5.0 (knock on wood), I haven't gotten that error.
    11-25-09 09:32 AM
    also did ya wipe the device?
    11-25-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD