Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry App error 200 / reset

Starting last night my curve went crazy. I picked it up and I had a white screen that said app error 200 / reset. So after resetting my phone about a dozen times...I reinstalled the device software this morning. Everything seemed fine for about 10 minutes, then I realized I had lost all of my messenger contacts and info. When I tried to reinstall the messenger, I got the app error again!! If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears.
    Thanked by:
    tiktaktok (09-14-2011) 
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,958 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin Point Accuracy

When did you last do a backup? I suggest reloading the OS from the CD, thus putting the device back as it was when you bought it.

Then do a restore from the last backup you created...
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I tried doing that as well...still no luck, got the same message again. I hate to say it, but i'm thinking she's a goner
    CrackBerry Newbie

same here, although it works now, I have been suffering considerable delays and out of memory errors, along with unhandled java exception (after that I disabled java and scripts) never had any trouble like that in 5 years using treo680 in AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    NED To A Wall

Environment
    BlackBerry® smartphones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overview
    The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays the following error:

APP Error 200 Reset

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resolution
    Re-install the BlackBerry® Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
    Click Next.
    Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.
    Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.

Click Next, and then click Next again.
    Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.
    RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

The only stupid question, is the one not asked.
    CrackBerry Newbie

thank you. I will try that and let you all know the outcome.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts

Yeah, I've had people come into my store with that problem and BlackBerry support says the only way to fix the issue is to wipe the device and reload a stable OS.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask and u shall receive.

Make sure you take your battery out and connect the phone while doing it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

i really need help the application wizard isnt coming up does it just pop up?

i have the app error 200 on my screen i clicked on add / remove applications asks me for a password i dont know it dont think there is a password i click ok and just says connect to jvm and stays like that for ages hasnt even moved

really need my blackberry working asap please help
    CrackBerry Newbie

I Have the same problem, I don't know what the password is .. waiting for someone who knows
    CrackBerry Newbie

the password is blackberry
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default fix app error 200

i have a 8900 curve and it came up with app error 200. i tried reseting it, and takin the battery out numerous times and nothing. i took my sim card out and rebooted it and it worked. only allowing me to sos call. from here we can fix this. keep your sim card out. go into options, go into advanced options and go into service book. DELETE EVERYTHING in service book. it will not let you erase PROVISIONING which is fine. once all deleted, remove battery. put sim card back in and then battery. this worked on mine. i had to go through a bunch of updates but its working fine now!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    cer movement

"How do I recover a dead Blackberry" by Reed Mclay

Try searching this forum using the above - this solution fixed very same problem for me. Looks complicated at first, but it really isn't. Stick with it - it works.

I would have posted a link but my post count isn't high enough yet to be trusted with such responsibility.

Good luck.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    213E15DF

I tried doing an update on my 8900 and got the error. I reconnected my device to my computer and tried to update again but it would tell me it had disconnected for some reason and was unable to update. I then consulted the forums.

I first tried connecting it to my computer without the battery and it wouldn't connect without the battery in. (Was unable to start the app launcher due to this)
    I then pulled out the sim card and rebooted without it. Still got the error.
    Then I tried connecting with computer without battery and sim card. This did not work either.
    -At this point I became VERY frustrated-
    So I try to start this all over again before calling ATT..

I put the battery back in *while connected to computer*
    computer waits for device to start up and asks to install the update. it works. I waited for it to reboot then put my sim card in then did the restore. This is where it pays to backup your device EVERY connect
    I'm not sure what triggered for it to work, but it did- and thats all that matters.

CrackBerry Newbie

Question i got a problem

ok so i got the bold 9000 and i also have this white screen with the "app error 200" message but for some odd reason i cant even get passed the white screen at all even once i've pressed the reset option what do i do?? is there a way to overide my blackberry without having to plug it up to my pc??
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,698 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AC9A2F5

Well the others in the threads were not able to bypass it without plugging into a computer, you would be no different. Go ahead and follow the thread for reviving a dead berry.
    Posted using my device of choice. May or may not be a BlackBerry.
    Thanked by:
    akeyz (09-12-2011) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by dehelmi View Post
    Starting last night my curve went crazy. I picked it up and I had a white screen that said app error 200 / reset. So after resetting my phone about a dozen times...I reinstalled the device software this morning. Everything seemed fine for about 10 minutes, then I realized I had lost all of my messenger contacts and info. When I tried to reinstall the messenger, I got the app error again!! If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears.
    hi, what you did when you installed the device software? seems i have problem with 8520 its just keep on app error 200 reset because of that, i cannot used my phone.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bold 9700 restore on curve 8520

HI, I need help....

I have a bold 9700 which I have done a back up of and I purchased an 8520, now I did the 9700 restore on the 8520, is this wrong? will it affect my 8520 in anyway? I needed to have all my bbm contacts and groups and i didnt know which other way to do it.
    This morning I received a white screen app error reset, which i did and it seems to be working for now. What should I do?
    Do I have to wipe my device and reload the os or is there any way of undoing the restore that I have done?

PLEASE HELP ASAP
    current OS 5.0.0.586 official
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    PIN
    2864C03F

Lightbulb App Error 200 Fix

right this does work, i've done it twice. there are 2 options, the second one is easier.

1. install BBSAK from bbsak.org plug ur phone into the pc, wipe it and then the BlackBerry User Tools cd u get when u buy the phone, install bb desktop software and connect ur phone it will say cannot connect, click update and go from there.

2. install BBSAK from bbsak.org plug ur phone into the pc and click restore to factory settings, and there u have it, a fixed bb.

Trust me, it works
    Thanked by:
    tumsam (02-14-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry 8520 reset app error 200

pls tell me about my blackberry 8520, it is showing app error 200
    CrackBerry Newbie

pls tell me about it
    CrackBerry Newbie

how i can get software of it from internet
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs up blackberry curve 9300

okay i would like some help urgently from crackberry right here soo basically my phone wont even open it will come strait up with app error 200 i have tryed following the instructions that you put from the begining but then when i had to choose what settings to use on my phone it wasnt workin i had clicked what you put but it didnt come on the phone because it just said app error 200 still but i could understand the rest but may you help asap please !!!!!!! thankyou
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry error 200 on my bold 9900 plzzzzz HELPPPPPPPPP

My phone was on low battery and then from know where it come up ...error 200 plzzzz help mee
    CrackBerry Newbie

hy there,well i have been using blackberry bold 9700 for a long period of time until it came to say app error 200 reset last month...still now i dont know to do because ive been reseting it many times....please help me out