Tried removing and adding some application to my BB, but the screen just went blank with the 'App Error 200 Reset' in the middle.
    I followed Blackberry's Support site:

Overview
    The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays the following error:

---------------------

APP Error 200 Reset

Resolution
    Re-install the BlackBerry� Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
    Click Next.
    Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.
    Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.

Click Next, and then click Next again.
    Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.

---------------------

But my BB Desktop Manager does not recognise my BB when I connect it to my computer? Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    gilvan likes this.
    02-08-09 05:06 PM
    Any ideas guys? Appreciate it!
    02-08-09 05:47 PM
    I have the exact same problem on my Storm. I have no idea how to fix it. I'm going to call Verizon.
    02-08-09 06:18 PM
    OK, I got my Storm working again. I may have just gotten lucky but this is how I did it:

Hooked it up to USB
    Started BB desktop
    Clicked on Add/Remove Applications
    Clicked on start
    This brought up the device connection
    dialog box
    disconnected and re-connected the
    phone
    It then saw the phone and brought up
    the "connecting to device" box
    It sat there for 10 minutes or so with the
    blue bar not moving at all
    With the phone still connected to the USB
    port, I pulled the battery, The bar
    started moving and it finally
    connected
    When my phone locked up with the
    "App Error 200 reset" I was trying to
    delete the Visual Voice Mail app. So
    In the App list on the desktop I
    clicked on Visual Voice Mail "remove"
    It removed it and then I was able to reboot my phone

Hope this helps
    02-08-09 06:54 PM
    OK, I got my Storm working again. I may have just gotten lucky but this is how I did it:

Hooked it up to USB
    Started BB desktop
    Clicked on Add/Remove Applications
    Clicked on start
    This brought up the device connection
    dialog box
    disconnected and re-connected the
    phone
    It then saw the phone and brought up
    the "connecting to device" box
    It sat there for 10 minutes or so with the
    blue bar not moving at all
    With the phone still connected to the USB
    port, I pulled the battery, The bar
    started moving and it finally
    connected
    When my phone locked up with the
    "App Error 200 reset" I was trying to
    delete the Visual Voice Mail app. So
    In the App list on the desktop I
    clicked on Visual Voice Mail "remove"
    It removed it and then I was able to reboot my phone

Hope this helps
    It asks me for a password when I click 'Start' at the Add/Remove Applications part. But I've never set a password to my Blackberry? Any ideas?
    02-08-09 07:11 PM
    Try leaving the password blank.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 10:27 PM
    lol on a new phone i got this error ... just restored and up and running .... by the way im getting no network coverage y ?
    02-09-09 06:16 AM
    vattery pull fixed it
    02-09-09 06:17 AM
    I had the error 200 thing on my 8900 a few weeks ago when I went to remove some languages and update it.

Thankfully my desktop manager recognised my 8900 and I managed to reinstall the operating system. Just as well I had backed up 8900 the night before as well.
    02-09-09 07:42 AM
    Mine has no password either and it asks for one, I just leave it blank and it worked
    02-09-09 08:02 AM
    Hey guys,

Had this problem, too. In the morning when the alarm should start, the app error occured. Missed some appointments due to that...
    I fixed it installing a new firmware (.133) but had to use the loader.exe, as DM was not finding the new firmware. In the FAQ you can find instrucitions how to solve this issue.

Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 12:24 PM
    I looked at my phone and had an App Error 200 message...I tried resetting it about 100 times and still nothing. I brought it in to the Sprint store. They said it would be an hour or so to do an over-the-air Operating System download. When that didn't work I CALLED Sprint. They told me it was unrepairable and I have to wait 3-5 days for a new one. I fought them tooth and nail when they told me I had to pay for a new one until the old one arrived OR I had to provide a tracking number before they can re-send a new phone. What a bunch of crap. I've only been with Sprint for 10 days and I'm not too impressed thus far.
    02-10-09 08:23 AM
    I just got the 8900 from t mobile today, and was upon changing the theme, it started to lag. So I pulled the battery and got that error message. So I tried the BB way, and it didn't work, but I did it the way kk89, said by pulling the battery, while it is still plugged in. And that worked.
    02-15-09 02:59 AM
    Hi KK89:
    I have the App Error 200 problem in my 8900 Curve and when I followed the procedure (after the PIN and Password - blank) I get the following message:
    "No software is available for your device"
    Did I do something wrong? Or is it because I never backed up my BB?

What should I do now?
    Peter
    Desperate to get the 8900 back up and running!

Tried removing and adding some application to my BB, but the screen just went blank with the 'App Error 200 Reset' in the middle.
    I followed Blackberry's Support site:

Overview
    The BlackBerry smartphone ceases to function and displays the following error:

---------------------

APP Error 200 Reset

Resolution
    Re-install the BlackBerry� Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone by completing the following steps:

Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer.
    Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    Double-click Application Loader. The Application Loader Wizard appears. You may need to unplug and re-attach the USB cable to the BlackBerry smartphone at this point for it to be recognized by Application Loader.
    Click Next.
    Choose the port that the BlackBerry smartphone is connected to and click Next.
    If prompted, type the BlackBerry smartphone password and click Next.
    The Device Application Selection screen appears. Select the applications to be loaded onto your BlackBerry smartphone.
    If the Device Backup screen appears, choose whether or not to automatically back up the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
    Click Next. The Completing the Application Wizard screen appears, displaying all the software that will be loaded to your BlackBerry smartphone.
    Click the Advanced button and make sure that Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications are both selected.
    Note: If the Application Loader is not able to access all of the BlackBerry smartphone data, then both Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications will be grayed out.

Click Next, and then click Next again.
    Click Finish. The BlackBerry Device Software is now loaded on the BlackBerry smartphone. Do not disconnect the BlackBerry smartphone until the process has completed.

---------------------

But my BB Desktop Manager does not recognise my BB when I connect it to my computer? Any ideas guys?

Thanks
    04-14-09 10:18 PM
    helo kk89
    i hope u wil help me 2...
    i got BB 8800 nd its been a month using it...while i was deleting some contacts from ma list there was an error like dis(uncaught ecxeption:java.lang.class cast excepton) nd when i pulled out the battery nd then tryd to start it again this error app error 200 reset is on my page...i have tried 100 of times to reset it starts again but then it get stucked....what to do plzz help....
    11-14-09 11:24 AM
    Hey guys even i had that msg "App Error 200 RESET" so i clicked million times, battery pulls etc. so then i connected the curve to the comp and took out the battery before connecting to make it boot then put it back and immediately connected it through USB then i went on parallels desktop as i am on a mac opened DM then Application Loader Add/Remove Applications then start everything was unchecked so i checked it all then i said start update it started now it is updating will tell u conclusion once it is done and i am on a Curve 8520!!!
    03-12-10 04:48 PM
    we are having the same problem using the same devices and mac... how do i fix the problem? mac + desk top manager is not recognising the phone device. i hope that you fixed yours and will be able to help me with mine. thank you
    04-12-10 05:22 AM
    I have BB Curve 8900 and recieved the App Error 200 Reset message after performing and update through BB App World. I was told ATT specifically blocks the ablity to reinstall the app using the Desktop Manager.

I have tried the steps given with no success, is there a middleware app I can use to allow the Desktop Manager ability to view my device and reinstall the apps?

The Desktop Manger v6.0 picks up the device, but does not allow me to connect to it.
    08-24-10 01:52 PM
    I just took the battery out for a half a minute.put it back in..it rebooted & was back to normal..this has happened once or twice before.I wouldn't uninstall everything that's time consuming & an unconventional pain in the a**.and its gonna happen again anyway.It is all computer junk..upgrading in December anyway..Just dig the battery out &put it back..you should be fine...not that big 'a deal..i think..
    09-17-10 12:15 PM
    My curve 9300 3G keep showing "app error 200". I dont have desktop manager as i do not know it is important. So i dont know how to solve it now. Please advise me what should i do
    02-01-12 10:10 AM
    You need the Application Loader on your PC. From the reset screen, plug your phone into the USB port. The App Loader will be able to read it. Follow the prompts until you get to the app list. Simply check to remove whatever app is giving you the problem.

This just happened to me this morning!

*edit* Duh, that's what this thread is about lol
    02-01-12 11:33 AM
    I'm having the same issue and followed the instructions on the post:-

"APP Error 200 Reset
    Resolution
    Re-install the BlackBerry� Device Software and applications to the BlackBerry smartphone"

However, my issue now is this:-
    After going through all the instructions and clicking FINISH, it is unable to connect to my Blackberry in order to execute the Updates etc.

What now?

Thank you!
    10-21-12 12:43 PM
    bb desktop software dont showing my blackberry on connecting to my laptop..
    plzz help
    09-22-13 08:53 AM
    Hello CB,
    I was trying update my bb9780 bundle 6.0.0.864 to bundle 6.0.02475. it was almost done but at final reboot i got stuck with blackberry screen/ loading is going on and on then i got app error 200 Reset. i tried many times but it is not happening. please help me any other solution
    10-12-13 12:37 AM
    My BlackBerry desktop manager does not recognise my BlackBerry 9900 too. Please how did you go about yours
    09-28-15 03:57 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD