When updating my wifes BB pearl to the latest device software from Rogers the installation failed and now the device will not boot. All i get is App Error 200 displayed with the option to reset. this is a continuous loop. Even a batery pull will not fix it. The error said to restore the backup but I am unale to connect to the device in this state. Any ideas?

HELP
    01-02-08 07:18 PM
    01-03-08 01:44 AM
    ^ I like to thank you sir

My BB died when I woke up. So I did a search and found this.
    Tried the Jl Cmder but failed but followed the instructions if that fails and it worked. Also a good thing I had my phone backed up prior to this incident.
    02-05-08 04:09 PM
    I tried to update to the newest OS and it failed for some reason which gave me the app 200 error. The instructions provided in the links worked PERFECTLY!! Thank you SOOOO much!!
    12-07-08 09:29 PM
    none of the instructions worked for me...thats usually my luck with everything tho. can i fix this white screen issue by updating the apps and software on desktop manager?
    06-22-09 08:07 PM
    Yes, if you follow the instructions in wiping here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

And use my upgrade guide here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/upgr...step-z-188139/

You should be successful.
    06-23-09 04:52 AM
    i did everything in the instructions, and it all went perfectly, until at the end of using DM it gave me a "fatal error"
    what did i do wrong?
    we were also given an error using jl cmder about a dll file, but we found it and placed the file in symantec where it was specified. i dont know if this had anything to do with the fatal error, but we cant fix it.
    anyone know?
    07-26-09 01:06 PM
    At this point I would do a wipe and reinstall. Before you do though, uninstall and delete the OS you currently have your using, and redownload and install again. Could have been a courupt dl the first time. If you use my guide on post #6, it now has complete wipe instructions.
    07-26-09 01:14 PM
    Just in case anyone else is having this problem... and has yet to find a solution.

I tried to update the firmware on a new Tour... partway through the update it claimed it could no longer connect and to hit retry. but it wouldn't retry.

After the BB rebooted it said Load OS. So I tried again, this time it made it slightly farther, then gave me the same thing. This time after the BB rebooted I got App error 200 everytime.

I followed all of the instructions above... to no avail... until I tried another cable . All this mess... cause of a bad cable... and the cable was BRAND NEW! Just took it out of a box and took the twist tie off.
    12-01-09 03:39 PM
    Verizons techs are idiots, I installed an app that bricked my phone(well sorta bricked) App error 200 and I spent 45 mins waiting for verizon to reset my phone to Verizon's last OKed OS on my 8330 They spent the whole time trying to talk me into the latest droid phone. They told me they tried everything but the phone still has the same error. So I asked then what did they try, they said the tried erasing all 3rd party apps.(Not to worried because I can always reload a backup), They said they tried to send me back to the orginal OS when I bought the phone. They tried a hard and soft reset.(Which I already tried the resets mind you), then they offered to send it out on a warranty, "Oops, your warranty was up last month" I quote from them. I Left thinking oh well I need to buy a new phone, lets go talk to the wife.(and borrow money) and come back tommorow to get a new phone. I then just out of shatz and giggles, I hooked it to my computer The Desktop software, won't connect, so I reset it while it was trying to connect, it connects long before the app error hits(app boot order thing),while connected I get an app list, I delete the offending app the last one I installed, before the problem, Next, ect... It hang at connecting to the device again, and before it started removing data, so I leave it in the process of trying to connect and soft boot (Alt, Right Shift, Del) it connects removes the files and finishes booting NO MORE ERROR. I fix it in ten minutes of troubleshooting what took them 45 mins to tell me I'm bricked and need a new phone.
    07-14-10 06:03 PM
    [QUOTE=blight;5347825]Verizons techs are idiots,...QUOTE]

I really need to get that tech fired.
    07-14-10 06:11 PM
    I really need to get that tech fired.
    But I won't
    07-14-10 06:12 PM
    Hey I tried to update to the newest OS and it failed for some reason which gave me the app 200 error.I Have the same problem as u and would really like to know what to do to fix the problem......please HELP ME.....I seriously in need of u help to solve the problem!!
    08-28-11 10:17 AM
    I was pissed about my curve reset every time i hit the end button. Wiping my blackberry with the jl_cdmer link totally worked. I had to reload everything of course and it took forever but my blackberry is working well again. thanks
    08-21-12 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD