I would like to make my own app. I have only knowledge of the programing skills used on the first apple pc's to have come out in the 80's. Do you think with the help of online information I will be able to do so? And if this is possible ,is the information free? Also what type of information should I look for if I want to develop an app applicable to all smartphones? Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 01:27 PM
    the first apple pc's to have come out in the 80's. ...
    Sure, you understand the concept of stored programs.

The next step is Sun Java Virtual Machine programming which is used in conjunction with developers Applications Program Interface (API"s), provided by Research in Motion.

If you are motivated to search out the web information, you can master the tools at minimum cost. There are courses of instruction in Java at most Computer Science labs.

12-19-09 04:13 PM
    How about if I want to develop an app compatible for all platforms of smart phone devices. Will I be searching for the same thing? I figure if it's to troublesome I will just start with RIM.

12-19-09 04:22 PM
    If you write an Application for the least common denominator, it can be run on any Smart/Feature Phone.

The most common are Midlet Apps:

midlet.org - wireless java downloads

Welcome to midlet.org - The free mobile Java download repository accessible from wireless Java devices and web browsers.

Midlet.org allows you to download mobile Java games, utilities and other software directly to your device over-the-air, or via your PC.

MIDlets are applications designed to run on wireless Java enabled devices such as phones or PDAs. Our mission is to provide a high quality site for the provision of free MIDlets to the wireless java community.

12-19-09 04:28 PM
    Jason,
    For your first app, will you please make an app for the blackberry that records phone calls? Both sides of the conversation, and will save it to the SD card.
    Thanks lol

12-19-09 04:43 PM
    You know I stoped my progress with computer programs. When I saw what I recall as binary programing,which from what I recall was also used in making more high def images. I think it involved a good knowldge of some more than extremely basic math. I was a wiz at righting pass word protect programs ,and basic graphic design. Because it all involved remembering and learing how to put commands or strings if I recall correctly to use for your desired purpose. None the less math was a problem that is why I didn't proceed with my hobie.

12-19-09 05:39 PM
    Jason,
    For your first app, will you please make an app for the blackberry that records phone calls? Both sides of the conversation, and will save it to the SD card.
    Thanks lol

I thought RIM had blocked access to software trying to record audio while on a call.

- a developer who did not try this before
    12-19-09 05:48 PM
    Reed Mclay. I read this piece of information while trying to grab and understanding of java. I'm unsure if what I should be searing for is C++ or just C.

This tutorial will presume that you have some basic programming knowledge, particularly in C, as it will not be covering such principles as sequence, selection and repetition. If you are unsure on ' for ' loops, or complex ' if ' statements, I'd suggest coming back here at a later point

12-19-09 08:53 PM
    I thought RIM had blocked access to software trying to record audio while on a call.

- a developer who did not try this before
    See shink, I told ya that 10 gigs of "you know what" was not harmful t your growth! Lol

12-19-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD