Hello hello,

I'm a noob on this forum, due for a phone upgrade and I'm very much taken with the specs of the new 8900. The things that really floated my boat was the processor speed, ram size and the Java API. I really want to develop some awesome games for the device and was wondering what kind of 3D support the device has? I've looked around the web but there doesn't seem to be any concrete answers. I'm looking specifically to see if it has M3G (JSR 184) support. I've read the device has SVG support and that M3G is 'coming soon' (stated in articles published in 2007).

There's a dude who's posted an app the checks the M3G support on the current device here: forums.pinstack.com/f52/jonathan_h_fishers_free_blackberry_apps-63550/. I don't have an 8900 or know anyone that has one to run the program to see the results. Has anyone gleaned results from the app?

Cheers in advance,
    Nick
    02-26-09 02:22 AM
    bumpatronbumpatronbumpatronbumpatronbumpatronbumpa tron
    02-26-09 07:52 AM
    Sounds interesting, i too have considered programming my own games and apps. I'm sure someone will beat me to the punch, this community is amazing like that, but I'd be happy to give that program a whirl on my 8900 later today. I can't right now because i'm at the office, but I'll be sure to test it out later and report back!
    02-26-09 08:03 AM
    Awesome! Thanks dude, having JSR 184 support would remove a lot of headaches from trying to implement 3D using SVG or the standard 2D API.
    02-26-09 08:45 AM
    Please do not bump a post after just 5 hours.
    02-26-09 12:33 PM
    I do apologize for the desperate bumping. There is an extreme lack of technical specs for the device and I'm looking to get cracking on a project before I finalize on a device in 2 days time.
    02-27-09 05:13 AM
    So i tried that program, and for the life of me i couldn't get it to run. I think this might be a sign that I need to quit being lazy and update my OS to something other than .114 I'll have to get back to ya on this one.
    02-27-09 07:43 AM
    Cheers for trying dude! Much appreciated! I don't know how reliable those apps are so I'm not sure what's meant to happen. I might be able to try it on the blackberry simulator available to developers.
    02-27-09 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD