I need help. My boyfriend is very particular about paying his bills and balancing his checkbook. Because of this, it's a long, meticulous project once a month that he doesn't always get to on time. I have convinced him that "there's an app for that". He has finally, reluctantly agreed to try something. I probably have one chance to pick the right app for the job. I do not have a common checking account or many bills so it makes it difficult to experiment. I am not concerned about the cost of the app as long as it's the right one.

What I am looking for it to do:
    Reconcile checkbook - most transactions are cash withdrawls and the deposits are not always the same amount or the same time every week
    Easy check entry - any time a check is written, just a few keystrokes to document it
    Payment transfers - does not have to be immediate, but a way to pay bills from the app once the billers are set up
    Payment reminders

The phone is Curve 3G from Sprint, updated to their latest 6.0, with Harris as the checking account bank.

Please! I need your help! Thank you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-11 04:24 PM
    I don't know that its EVERYTHING you are looking for....but I'm very happy with the Mobile Checkbook app from Mobatech. Its like sending a text to do a debit/credit. It can handle multiple accounts (and transfers between them) as well as regular bill payments. I'd suggest looking at that one..... Good luck!
    02-25-11 04:29 PM
    Payment transfers - does not have to be immediate, but a way to pay bills from the app once the billers are set up
    Payment reminders
    If you're talking about having the app login to your bank's bill pay service and issue the payment(s), then I doubt you'll find that. I've been looking for that for almost two years.

But I've been using Ascendo Money for about a year or so. I've found a few bugs that I've reported to them. But overall, I'm satisfied with the app.

Ascendo Money
    02-25-11 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD