Here is a beta of an app I created called LockDown. It is an app to lock/hide files on your device. It works similar to FileLock in that it hides and renames the file, but better (i think). I've never used FileLock, so forgive me if I'm wrong.
    The app adds 2 menu items to the file explorer menu (LockDown & Secure LockDown). Both menu items provide the same function, except the Secure option makes it so that only my application(s) can read the secured file.

The app works as follows:
    * When you select the menu item, it creates a unique key for each file based on the filename
    * The normal lock then renames the file to this key and hides it in the same folder, while the secure lock actually encrypts the file before renaming
    * Once locked, it then updates a stored file with the original name, unique name, and location so that you know every file that is locked away
    * When you open up the app it shows a list of all the files that have been locked (the list is broken up into two different windows: the normal locked files, and the secure locked files)
    * Next to each filename is a button that will give you the file details as well as allow you to unlock the files
    * The details window gives you two options to unlock the files: session and permanent
    * Session unlock will unlock the file until the file list screen is closed (you can use the back button to background the app while you look at the file)
    * The permanent unlock option will restore the file to its original name and state.

***** DISCLAIMER / IMPORTANT *****
    As this is a beta I would be careful the secure locking of the files. I have tested it and it works fine on my device, but I would not use it on any file that you cannot afford to lose. With the secure lock, the file is encrytped and only my app(s) can read the file or even know that the file is on the device (you cannot see the file in the file explorer even if you have show hidden on). As such, if something were to happen to the device while it is writing the file or the file list, then the file will be lost forever. I am currently working on an email backup system that will allow you to backup the password (the final version will be password protected so someone cannot just look at your list of locked files), as well as the list of files that are locked. Then you can just email yourself the list if something ever happens. This is not implemented yet, so use the secure lock at your own risk, I am not responsible for any files that become unrecoverable from use of the secure lock option.

Here are the links:
    OS 4.7+
    CM library: CM
    LockDown application: LockDown

Pre-OS 4.7
    CM library: CM
    LockDown application: LockDown

I've uploaded a temporary flash video to my site for now showing how to operate the app. Here is the link LockDown.
    Last edited by CMY; 01-31-10 at 08:47 PM.
    12-10-09 01:39 AM
    Thanks again cmy for another wonderful app! I have every single app you have made and I like them all. Ill love to see the progression of this app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 01:45 AM
    I tried it and got an uncaught exception error
    12-10-09 12:35 PM
    When do you get the exception?
    12-10-09 12:40 PM
    Lets see if I can give more helpful info. I am using the newest Hybrid OS by One of a Kind, Verizon 9550 , I downloaded both the app and cm and installed both. I then went to my downloads folder and clicked on the icon. That is when I got the error.
    12-10-09 12:57 PM
    It's likely some of the java files that were removed/changed are causing the issue, but i'll load up the hybrid later and test it out to see what the actual issue is.
    12-10-09 01:08 PM
    Ok otherwise I will try again after the 15th when the new official OS release is supposed to be out.
    12-10-09 01:10 PM
    Ok otherwise I will try again after the 15th when the new official OS release is supposed to be out.
    Dont drink the kool-aid.

Ill test this app here in a little bit, will be reporting back soon!
    12-10-09 02:37 PM
    I've updated the app:
    * the secure option is now alot more stable
    * the app now creates a backup file that it will restore if there is an error when locking a file
    * the register and recover password options now work
    * the list backup/restoral is next to be completed
    01-17-10 03:08 AM
    I would like to beta test, but what is this CM library. Care to elaborate?
    01-17-10 06:06 AM
    It is a file that contains the various buttons/fields that I use in all my apps, as well as some other constructs. Its to make things easier on me to be able to quickly make changes to all of my apps if I find a more efficient way of doing something, or want to change the look or interaction of one of the fields.

01-17-10 03:53 PM
    Nice man.........

01-17-10 04:19 PM
    I've updated the app again:
    * The file lists/details can now be backed up and restored [Note: The files themselves are not backed up, only the details about the files.]

The Storm/Storm2 versions are the only ones completed at the moment. I should have the trackball compatibility done shortly.
    01-23-10 03:51 AM
    Updated again:
    *You can now filter the file lists by directory
    *Fixed issue where keyboard displays incorrectly if rotated after opening app
    01-25-10 02:49 AM
    says the website won't open

getting a 404 error - page not found
    Last edited by indyrubi; 01-25-10 at 06:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-25-10 06:56 AM
    The link has been fixed
    01-25-10 08:02 AM
    The app has been updated again and now contains support for trackball/trackpad devices. The links for the beta versions will be left up for one week following today, then will be removed.
    01-29-10 10:10 AM
    I've uploaded a temporary flash video to my site for now showing how to operate the app. Here is the link LockDown.
    01-31-10 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD