Here is a beta of an app I created called LockDown. It is an app to lock/hide files on your device. It works similar to FileLock in that it hides and renames the file, but better (i think). I've never used FileLock, so forgive me if I'm wrong.
    The app adds 2 menu items to the file explorer menu (LockDown & Secure LockDown). Both menu items provide the same function, except the Secure option makes it so that only my application(s) can read the secured file.

The app works as follows:
    * When you select the menu item, it creates a unique key for each file based on the filename
    * The normal lock then renames the file to this key and hides it in the same folder, while the secure lock actually encrypts the file before renaming
    * Once locked, it then updates a stored file with the original name, unique name, and location so that you know every file that is locked away
    * When you open up the app it shows a list of all the files that have been locked (the list is broken up into two different windows: the normal locked files, and the secure locked files)
    * Next to each filename is a button that will give you the file details as well as allow you to unlock the files
    * The details window gives you two options to unlock the files: session and permanent
    * Session unlock will unlock the file until the file list screen is closed (you can use the back button to background the app while you look at the file)
    * The permanent unlock option will restore the file to its original name and state.

***** DISCLAIMER / IMPORTANT *****
    As this is a beta I would be careful the secure locking of the files. I have tested it and it works fine on my device, but I would not use it on any file that you cannot afford to lose. With the secure lock, the file is encrytped and only my app(s) can read the file or even know that the file is on the device (you cannot see the file in the file explorer even if you have show hidden on). As such, if something were to happen to the device while it is writing the file or the file list, then the file will be lost forever. I am currently working on an email backup system that will allow you to backup the password (the final version will be password protected so someone cannot just look at your list of locked files), as well as the list of files that are locked. Then you can just email yourself the list if something ever happens. This is not implemented yet, so use the secure lock at your own risk, I am not responsible for any files that become unrecoverable from use of the secure lock option.

Here are the links:
    OS 4.7+
    CM library: CM
    LockDown application: LockDown

Pre-OS 4.7
    CM library: CM
    LockDown application: LockDown

I've uploaded a temporary flash video to my site for now showing how to operate the app. Here is the link LockDown.
    Last edited by CMY; 01-31-10 at 08:46 PM.
    12-10-09 01:35 AM
    Sweet thanks ...... Will try out and report back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-09 02:16 AM
    sweet app...way better than file lock imo.

would be awesome if it is possible to have the listing by folder...makes it easier to find the file that you are looking for.
    Last edited by t_d_harvey; 12-23-09 at 03:46 PM.
    12-17-09 01:10 PM
    I will look into that. I lost my portable HD that had all of my work, so I'm working on getting alot of things back up from scratch, so it may be a week or so before I complete it.
    12-17-09 04:02 PM
    I've updated the app:
    * the secure option is now alot more stable
    * the app now creates a backup file that it will restore if there is an error when locking a file
    * the register and recover password options now work
    * the list backup/restoral is next to be completed
    01-17-10 03:07 AM
    I've updated the app again:
    * The file lists/details can now be backed up and restored [Note: The files themselves are not backed up, only the details about the files.]

The Storm/Storm2 versions are the only ones completed at the moment. I should have the trackball compatibility done shortly.
    01-23-10 03:51 AM
    The app has been updated to include trackball/trackpad support. The beta links will be left up for one week following today, then will be removed.
    Last edited by CMY; 01-29-10 at 10:23 AM.
    01-29-10 10:12 AM
    i cant figure out how to use it. can i get some help plz
    01-30-10 11:30 PM
    What exactly do you need help with?
    01-30-10 11:44 PM
    I downloaded this but don't know if this is what I am looking for. I'm looking for something to hide files a.k.a. Pictures on my blackberry so someone can't just pickup my phone and start surfing.
    If this is it where can I find directions for it. No matter what j press in the menu the app does nothing.
    Thanks

01-31-10 02:57 AM
    Ohh and this os for a curve. Sorry to storm in on your storm forums. Lol

01-31-10 02:58 AM
    Yes, there is a version available for trackball devices. The instructions are in the first post. When you go into the file explorer, it adds two menu items that allows you to hide files. Once you hide the files, it keeps a list of the files stored on the device and when you open the app it shows the list of files stored.
    01-31-10 03:02 AM
    Does this work with the 5.0? I can't figure it out

01-31-10 03:13 AM
    Yes, it works on every OS 4.2 and higher. It adds two menu items to lock away the files under the file explorer. Once you lock the files, it shows them inside the app. To exit the app you have to hit the end key, pressing the back key just backgrounds the app so that you can look at any files you have unlocked temporarily. Once you open the app, you will need to close and reopen it for it to show any newly locked files. I will try and make a youtube video later on today once i get off work.
    01-31-10 03:17 AM
    ok kool a vid would be nice. i just dl the CM file then the Lockdown file. i tried reading what you and the other person posted but i'm stuck i. dont see nothing about locking a file. sorry i sound like a boob i just got the storm yesterday. i came from using a curve and filelock
    01-31-10 10:16 AM
    It's cool.

What the app does is add two menu items to the file explorer (LockDown and Secure LockDown)
    To lock a file you would need to do the following:
    *Open the file explorer
    *Highlight a file or a folder (will lock every file in the folder)
    *Hit the BB button
    *Select either LockDown menu item (should be top two in list)
    *The file should now disappear (unless a folder) [LockDown is almost immediate, while the Secure LockDown takes longer since it has to encrypt the files)
    *Now open the app and it will show two lists (one for locked and one for secure locked) [if you already went into the app you will need to close with the end key and reopen to see changes]
    *Click the info button to get the original file information (name,location)
    *The info button also gives you the options to unlock the file so that you can open it [Session means you can open it as long as you dont close the app with the end key, and Permanent returns the file to its original state]

Hopefully I'll have a vid up shortly, I can't find my camcorder cable, so I'm going to have to a desktop recording of the simulator.
    01-31-10 01:28 PM
    ok I finally got it thanx a lot one more ? Is there a big difference b/t the two? Does it matter which I choose?

01-31-10 02:34 PM
    Ok nvm just annswered my own ? Lol but this is better then filelock imo keep up the good work hopelly one day you'll get it to where we can lock text lol

01-31-10 02:45 PM
    I've uploaded a temporary flash video to my site for now showing how to operate the app. Here is the link LockDown.
    01-31-10 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD